Body Parts (fairings) Differences between the years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by judstirber View Post
    would a '98 600 front ferring fit on a 2003 600? Thanks
    Yes all post ie.98up front fairings are the same it is the tails that are different.
    1997 KAT 600 PROJECT

Comment

• Thanks, I'm trying to get parts together to sell my kat... almost 20,000 miles in a year for $2100 so needless to say it has served me well.

Comment

• Thanks for all the good information.
        Last edited by mike13; 02-29-2012, 06:27 PM. Reason: Found answer.

Comment

• i have a 96 600 were can i get good used parts for it. on my bike its a 2 piece seat can i change it to one piece

Comment

• So if I'm understanding this right 98-06 fairing and 03-06 tail will fit on my 99... but I would still have to upgrade the tail light and headlight and whatever else? So that means it should be plug and play I shouldn't have to do any cutting.
            WTF IS THE INTERNET
            99 600 Kat

Comment

• fantastic info, thanks! having an '01 It's good to know there are a few things to keep in mind
              2001 GSX600F

Comment

• I want to use 01 fairings on my 99 I see that the tail is different will I have to do any mods to make the tail fit. And what about the seat will I also have to get a new seat?
                WTF IS THE INTERNET
                99 600 Kat

Comment

• The tail is not different. 98-02 are the same 03-06 the tail is different. 1999 and 2001 are the exact same thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                    The tail is not different. 98-02 are the same 03-06 the tail is different. 1999 and 2001 are the exact same thing.
                    Like Arsenic said, it isn't the tail that is different. You might see a difference in tail light if the owner changed the stock one to a after market one.
                    TDA Racing/Motorsports
                    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                    Who knows what is next?
                    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

• I just got some fairings from a 09 but as im looking at it in person they are 100% different from my 99 fairings and the headlight are different as well. anyone know if it will still fit I would hate to have to pull everything off only to found out it wont fit. I get the feeling I might have to make it work somehow.
                      WTF IS THE INTERNET
                      99 600 Kat

Comment

• A 2009, if that is what you meant is a 650 and isn't an actually katana per say.
                        TDA Racing/Motorsports
                        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                        Who knows what is next?
                        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

• oh thanks now I'm sol
                          WTF IS THE INTERNET
                          99 600 Kat

Comment

• Will the '02 belly panel/under cowling fairing off the 750f k1 fit the k2? I can't find a k2 for sale anywhere. When I finally did find one, it got sold before I could grab it.

Comment

• Originally posted by sixdogs1 View Post
                              Will the '02 belly panel/under cowling fairing off the 750f k1 fit the k2? I can't find a k2 for sale anywhere. When I finally did find one, it got sold before I could grab it.

98-06 are the same.

Krey
                              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                                98-06 are the same.

Krey
                                Thanx bro

Comment

Working...
                                X