X
X

Body Parts (fairings) Differences between the years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are mixed reviews on the China plastics but we all have to keep in mind that the Katana is a budget bike to begin with. I prefer the one piece tail over the 2 piece and personally like the 2003 tail light! Any aftermarket plastics are going to take some fitment to get them correct anyway. It is all a matter of what your budget can handle. the China stuff is cheap compared to any others out there.
    TDA Racing/Motorsports
    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
    Who knows what is next?
    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I figured if I'm going to replace the taillight as mine has a crack around it that I may as well convert to the 03 tail plastic. Now, seeing these full fairing sets has given me an easy way to get a new paint scheme on the cheap while being able to have spairs. I'm just curious of the quality of the paint and whether the logos are all vinyl or if they actually have custom paint on them.
      1988 Honda Hurricane CBR1000F (SOLD)
      2002 Suzuki Katana GSX600F

Comment

Originally posted by cybertrip View Post
        I figured if I'm going to replace the taillight as mine has a crack around it that I may as well convert to the 03 tail plastic. Now, seeing these full fairing sets has given me an easy way to get a new paint scheme on the cheap while being able to have spairs. I'm just curious of the quality of the paint and whether the logos are all vinyl or if they actually have custom paint on them.
        I personally haven't had a set but I would have to say Vinyl, even the OEM uses it. You aren't going to get custom paint graphics on the cheap.
        TDA Racing/Motorsports
        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
        Who knows what is next?
        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

i have a 95 600 i would like to put 98+ on it what would i need to do

Comment

Besides a new gas tank I believe the mounting locations on the frame are different.
            When all else fails get a bigger hammer

Comment

lol that sucks but a bigger hammer will work thanks

Comment

This pretty much is the thread I was looking for!

I have an 89 GSR600F. Now this being my first bike I will need to replace all the plastics (looking pretty rough-shes been dropped a few times)and I noticed right at the top of this thread "All 88-97 fairings are interchangeable between the 600's and 750's with the exception of the rear frame covers".

Is there any year where they were interchangeable or do I have to modify the plastics from newer years to fit somehow? Tkx!

Comment

Originally posted by cybertrip View Post
                  Let us know how that kit works out. I'm curious because of the fact that it's coming out of China. I'm concerned about the paint quality and the alignment of the plastic.
                  I have ordered the kit and I am now waiting for it to arrive. Once I get the kit I will add the new mirrors, powder coat the wheels and new improved rear tail light. Than the bike will be than offered for sale locally and on ebay....

BTW the entire suspension is done by Terry at Hyper Responce Suspension, 100% improvment from stock.
                  Mike Dunn
                  Vintage German Motorcycles
                  www.vintagegermanmotorcycles.com

Comment

I apologize if this is a noob question, but I have a 1991 gsx750 but I really like the look of the 600 rear frame covers and seat. Has anyone ever switched the rear frame covers from a 600 onto a 750 bike? I just like the more pointed ducktail look of the 600s.

Comment

• Originally posted by 91GSX750 View Post
                      I apologize if this is a noob question, but I have a 1991 gsx750 but I really like the look of the 600 rear frame covers and seat. Has anyone ever switched the rear frame covers from a 600 onto a 750 bike? I just like the more pointed ducktail look of the 600s.

Yes... it will take a 600 donor tail frame, and some cutting/welding to make happen.

Krey
                      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                        Yes... it will take a 600 donor tail frame, and some cutting/welding to make happen.

Krey
                        hmm there is a 600 katana in my town that the guy wants 500 bucks for. He ran it into a parked car so the front forks are destroyed. But it runs still and the tail end is good. It could be a good donor for this.

Comment

• Better idea.....just put your 750 motor and front end onto that bike. Less work than cutting and welding a tail section on. Could be done in a weekend.

Comment

• I have a 1996 GSX600F. First bike, runs fine, but I need new fairings pretty much all around. My question is, has anyone heard of putting a different year fairing on a 96? Is it possible to modify in any way to use, say, a 1998 fairing set?

Comment

• Yes. The frames are essentially the same. However if you wanted to put the Post-98 body on you would have to swap the ENTIRE bracketry and body from another bike to make it go smoothly or Good Luck!

Comment

• 98 front ferring

would a '98 600 front ferring fit on a 2003 600? Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X