X
X

Body Parts (fairings) Differences between the years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you say, newer ones... you mean the GSXF's? Because my guess is they are totally different since the frames are based on the old Bandit.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I have a 02 Katana and saw in a previous posting that the fairrings are compatiable from 98-02 but I was wondering if there was any modifications that would be needed or would they just bolt on?

Had a bit of a mishap in the fall time and I am trying to get fairrings that i do not have to modify other that paint. I hear the ones from Hong Kong aren't great cause the bolt holes do not match up.

Comment

98 - 02 are the same pieces- no modification needed. the 03+ will fit an 02, except for the tail section as they changed around the brake light.
        what piece did you mess up? and how badly? chances are you'l be able to fix yours with a little elbow grease and patience....
        the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
        # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
        [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

Comment

1996 katana 600 undertail plastics

Hey guys I bought a 96 katana off of a guy who was trying to make it into a naked bike and gave up in the process. It sat for a couple years and he lost all the hardware and bolts. Lucky I have most of the fairings but I'm missing the undertail plastics to mount the license plate, light, and turn signals.

Do any of you know whether these are interchangeable with a 88-97 750? I've found one on eBay and wondering if I should even bother or just make due with what I have.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

The 96 thru 89 Pre 750's body wise are all the them same. You can always go to a site like http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/ that sells OEM parts and compare part number from year to year.
            Richard
            96 Suzuki GSX750F
            89 Suzuki GSX600F Project
            05 Yamaha WR450F
            05 Yamaha YZ450F

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ep87 View Post
              The 96 thru 89 Pre 750's body wise are all the them same. You can always go to a site like http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/ that sells OEM parts and compare part number from year to year.
              Richard
              Thanks!

Turns out they're different..

Comment

yeah, in color. That's it.

Comment

Good point Arsenic your right. Sometimes the difference on in part numbers on body stuff is the color or finish.

For the parts your looking for I'd consider them interchangeble 89 to 96.
                  Richard
                  96 Suzuki GSX750F
                  89 Suzuki GSX600F Project
                  05 Yamaha WR450F
                  05 Yamaha YZ450F

sigpic

Comment

Interchangeable from a 750 to a 600?

Comment

Originally posted by broel View Post
                      Interchangeable from a 750 to a 600?
                      fo' shizzle
                      the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
                      # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
                      [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

Comment

88-97 600cc, and 89-97 750cc... the following body parts are the same shape, and are interchangable.

front fender
                        Main fairings
                        Belly cowls (and associated parts)
                        Gas Tanks
                        Front under light piece.
                        Oil door cover.
                        Windshield (600 OEM is shorter, but will work and fit)
                        Mirrors

Parts that are definately different...

Tail sections, grab bars, tail lights, seats, rear underside fender.

Krey
                        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

ebay is probably going to be your best bet if you are looking to just replace the left side. Anything else is hit or miss.

Comment

I have a blue 2000 Katana 600 and I am going to change the fairing and cowling with a kit off Ebay. From what I read in the post here I will have to replace the rear tail light which is fine with me as I hate the one on it right now. My 2000 Katana is 100% stock. I purchased a nice used yellow tank and now will go after this kit on ebay.

Anyone ever purchase this kit before? I am going to assume I need to just deal with the rear light and thats it.

Mike
                            Mike Dunn
                            Vintage German Motorcycles
                            www.vintagegermanmotorcycles.com

Comment

Originally posted by mdunn View Post
                              I have a blue 2000 Katana 600 and I am going to change the fairing and cowling with a kit off Ebay. From what I read in the post here I will have to replace the rear tail light which is fine with me as I hate the one on it right now. My 2000 Katana is 100% stock. I purchased a nice used yellow tank and now will go after this kit on ebay.

Anyone ever purchase this kit before? I am going to assume I need to just deal with the rear light and thats it.

Mike
                              Let us know how that kit works out. I'm curious because of the fact that it's coming out of China. I'm concerned about the paint quality and the alignment of the plastic.
                              1988 Honda Hurricane CBR1000F (SOLD)
                              2002 Suzuki Katana GSX600F

Comment

I don't know about this ebay seller but I have a similar on order from China. I believe that in order to fit these on a 98-02 bike requires a change of the tail light to the 03 model as it looks that they are only doing the one piece tail rather than the two piece. It looks similar on the pictures in the link you posted.

I have just been through this with my order but I will not be able to say for sure as mine has not been shipped yet. All that was in spite of inquiring about it before I even placed the order but to be fair they did offer me a refund.

Comment

Working...
                                X