X

Body Parts (fairings) Differences between the years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check...

Got a tweaked piece of plastic? Some roughed up paint? Here's the place to get some tips on repairing your Suzuki Katana.

or,

Got a tweaked piece of plastic? Some roughed up paint? Here's the place to get some tips on repairing your Suzuki Katana.

or,

These will have your answers for how to repair.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

HEy there guys, I am new here, and am looking to do some mods to my '06 Kat. I am wondering what all is interchangable though and also what years. Is anything interchangable from the gsxr to the gsxf? I have searched and searched, but found few aftermarket fairings or anything really for my gsxf600. If anyone can give me advice, please do. Thanks guys and the site looks good.
      R.I.P. CYBERPOET

***WE WILL RIDE TOGETHER AGAIN ONE DAY***

Comment

so what would be the best tail for a 05 kat if i want to do a fender eliminator?

Comment

hey guys, quick question. i am trying to fix up my bike i got some plastics, and i am missing some bolts. do you think it is worth it to get a whole fairing bolt kit and replace all of them or should i just get some bolts from a hardware store. if so what size bolts and everything would i need for it.

and i know there is a post somewhere about this but i couldnt find them.
          i think im leaning towards the whole kit, cuz they will be all chrome, rather than painted and they will match.

thanks in advance
          "Ride Safe, Ride Often"

sigpic

Comment

hi, somebody told me that you can put any suzuki bikes part on another suzuki bike. Is it possible to put 2002 gsxr body and engine onto katana 1997 750cc

Comment

Originally posted by router99 View Post
              hi, somebody told me that you can put any suzuki bikes part on another suzuki bike. Is it possible to put 2002 gsxr body and engine onto katana 1997 750cc
              read the first post of this thread! haha at least with fairings that will answer your question.
              as for the rest im sure it can be done with mods obviously, unfortunately i do not have much experience in the matter, only what i have picked up from being on here
              "Ride Safe, Ride Often"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by router99 View Post
                Not to be a douche here, but if you want a GSXR body and engine, why not just buy a GSXR rather than spend all that time trying to incorporate all that into a Kat. Just makes no sense to me. Maybe I'm dumb. I don't know.
                - Remember -
                Ride wherever the road takes you and
                never stop until every inch of pavement
                has tasted your rubber.

Comment

is it possible to swap the tail plastic from a 98-02 to a 93.
                  When You Throw Caution To The Wind, You Can Sit Back And Watch Your Life Begin.

Comment

Ok from what I have found the fenders changed in 03, they got wider right? how much wider? They also changed how they mount. I have an 05 that was missing the front fender when I bought it. I found one from a 99 will it work?
                    Last edited by ReynoldsWrap; 04-27-2010, 09:38 AM.

Comment

So if I buy a full fairing kit for an 03, to put it on my 99 I will need a new tail light, a spacer for the rear, a new cable for the latch, and is there anything else. Also, will the front fender not fit right?

Comment

The fenders are different. The fender you have now is attached at the top the 03 bolts on the sides. Check out some pictures on the site and check the years you will see what I mean.

Comment

i have an 89 750 that desperatly needs new front fairings (both sides), where is the best place to get them new?? and is anyone selling a pair of used ones?
                          if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

Originally posted by boomer_95 View Post
                            i have an 89 750 that desperatly needs new front fairings (both sides), where is the best place to get them new?? and is anyone selling a pair of used ones?
                            Good luck to you on finding new old stock fairings for a pre! there just isn't much out there anymore. You can find some good used ones once in a while on ebay or craigslist or on here. I have come to the realization that you will have to be able to fix what you have.
                            TDA Racing/Motorsports
                            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                            Who knows what is next?
                            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                            Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

well i did find a company that sells new but they wanted like 500 for just the one side. that nd their in the states so shipping would add that up to........ well over my buget anyways lol
                              if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

Originally posted by boomer_95 View Post
                                well i did find a company that sells new but they wanted like 500 for just the one side. that nd their in the states so shipping would add that up to........ well over my buget anyways lol
                                which company, Maiers????
                                Last I checked they only had one side available. Yes the new ones are pricey if you find them. http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/...7501988-97.htm you can get fiberglass from these guys but again very pricey for shipping just because of size and where they are coming from. http://www.maier-mfg.com/catalog/suz...a-fairing-side
                                here is maiers site. only have rightside main not the left
                                TDA Racing/Motorsports
                                1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                                Who knows what is next?
                                Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                                Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Working...
                                X