X

Body Parts (fairings) Differences between the years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body Parts (fairings) Differences between the years

This is for the 88-06 Kat 600 & 750's ONLY....................

1988-1997, 600 & 750
    All tanks & plastics EXCEPT rear frame covers are the SAME. Only the colors and graphics changes from year to year and size to size...........
    600's: Tapered rear frame covers, tapering to a point in the rear, with a two piece seat. Rear grab bars are large and go AROUND the rear seat, almost horizontal.
    750's: Blunt rear frame covers with a TOP rear center piece and a small grab bar that is almost vertical.

1998-2002
    All plastics, 600 & 750, totally interchangable. Tanks different from early Kats. This is the model with the bee-hive tail light.

2003-2006
    All plastics, 600 & 750, totally interchangable. This is the model with the GSXR-like front fender and one piece rear tail.

NOTE: 1998-2006 plastics, 600 & 750, tanks, main fairings, belly pans are interchangable! Only the front fenders and the tails changed!

The tail sections from the 03-06 models will FIT the 98-02 models, but they require a different tail light and should use the rear under fender from the 03-06 models as well to fit right. This mod also requires a small flat plastic spacer piece under the tail which was not needed on the 98-02 models.
    I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
    Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
    Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

SPECIAL NOTE ON 98+ GAS TANKS:

Suzuki delivered two different 98+ gas tanks in the USA; one that was specific to the California models (has extra space underneath for the PAIR valve), and a standard version for the other 49 states. The 49-state version has a larger capacity, but doesn't have space underneath for the PAIR valve system.

If you order a replacement tank from Suzuki, they only offer one replacement -- the California version (so they only have to carry one item in their replacement inventory).

Meanwhile, as long as you don't have a California model, any 98+ tank will fit. If you have a Cali-specific model, you can end up with a tank that won't work without removing the extra pollution control equipment if you get a standard 49-state model.

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Also if you change the rear tail from the 98 to 2003 type you need the longer lock cable to unlock the seat properly.
      Bike is sold

Comment

you don't need to buy the new seat cable all you have to do is turn it 180 degress

Comment

Originally posted by okaytodive
          you don't need to buy the new seat cable all you have to do is turn it 180 degress
          You still run into the problem that the mounting point for the lock is further away from the latch on the 03+ than on the 98-02. You need a longer cable.
          Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
          -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
          -Terence

Comment

will the seat from a 01 750 still fit if you put an 05 rear fender on?

Comment

Seats for the 98+ are the same with the exception of materials. So yes, it will.
              Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
              -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
              -Terence

Comment

thanks man

Comment

Can I sawp 98+ fairings with the 93?

Comment

replacement fairing

I laid my bike down tonight but I was lucky the only damagewas to the left front fairing. What is a good website to go on and get a new one. It is a 2006 600.

Comment

thanks anyway

thanks anyway I found a pretty good deal

Comment

So I take it the Maier ones are not that good for pre 98s?

Comment

Ive tried to look for it and was not successful in finding any info on using late ('96) Pre tail covers on early ('90) Pre models.

Anything can be done with a BFH, but Im kinda curious about direct bolt on parts swaps.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by wcj View Post
                            Ive tried to look for it and was not successful in finding any info on using late ('96) Pre tail covers on early ('90) Pre models.

Anything can be done with a BFH, but Im kinda curious about direct bolt on parts swaps.

Thanks.
                            Yes, all the Pre98 600 parts are interchangeable.
                            The 750 tail is different.
                            -Steve

sigpic
                            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                              Yes, all the Pre98 600 parts are interchangeable.
                              The 750 tail is different.
                              So a 750 tail from a '96 will bolt on to a '90 750, correct?

Comment

Working...
                              X