No announcement yet.
X

Painting my bike ... question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someonhe mentioned "ABS welding rods" for fixing plastic . Sounds like something I'd look into ... Of course mine's missing some chunks , so I don't know HOW I could fix THOSE .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
      Someonhe mentioned "ABS welding rods" for fixing plastic . Sounds like something I'd look into ... Of course mine's missing some chunks , so I don't know HOW I could fix THOSE .
      That doesn't sound familiar as to what I had seen before. It was like a Kit you could buy for around $30 and I should've just bought it when I saw it. But I'll look into it. I've just got that one crack right next to the blinker. Maybe I'll just use Super Glue
      -jason

Welcome to Katriders! Click Here to Register

RIP ROB (AKA BREEZE)

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
        How the base coat stuff works.

Prep your surface as you normally would, then apply your primer. Then you apply your base coat, then you apply the color coat, then you apply the clear coat.

Not sure on the amount needed of each, color right would have that info. Basically, the base coat is there to get the correct shade of color.
        Thanks Lou for the info. I'll check on Color-Rite and see if they say how much. Didn't see it before but didn't really check.
        -jason

RIP ROB (AKA BREEZE)

Comment

Originally posted by taz
          Originally posted by md86
          That doesn't sound familiar as to what I had seen before. It was like a Kit you could buy for around $30 and I should've just bought it when I saw it. But I'll look into it. I've just got that one crack right next to the blinker. Maybe I'll just use Super Glue
          Mentioned here ...
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

hmm. that might be the stuff.
            -jason

RIP ROB (AKA BREEZE)

Comment

Found the stuff I was looking for before... Heard from someone in Columbus that had used it that it works very well...
              -jason

RIP ROB (AKA BREEZE)

Comment

Originally posted by taz
                Originally posted by duff daddy
                ah well the viper yellow is the exact color i did my bike you can get it from any automotive paint store, you need the dupont paint cod, so go to a local mopar dealership and ask for hte paint code for VIPER RACE YELLOW, that paint isnt cheep i got it for cost for like 29 bux so that was good but you, its gonna be a little bit more but its a nice color, also you may want to look at other colors, aka porsche yellow, monte carlo yellow, corvette yellow known as Milinium (spelling) yellow, um audi yellow is also nice, look around, that viper yellwo is a little dark, i wish it was brighter thats why im prob gonna either go with teh vette yellow or make my own color if i paint it again
                so how did you get it at cost?
                i have connections, any car part,bike part, paint or material like that and useually like 50percent off snap on tools, just from places ive owrked and people ive kept in touch with

Comment

damn thats nice
                  -jason

RIP ROB (AKA BREEZE)

Comment

I have painted several bikes, using both methods, rattle can and spray gun. If you have never painted anything in your life, I would get plenty of extra so you can have enough to redo any spots you may mess up. Using a spray gun, I would try to spray the paint in very very thin coats. You will have to do more coats(remember to sand between coats) but it will keep you from getting runs in the paint.

I am in Cleveland/Columbus?Cincinnati for the next few weeks, would be glad to help you out if we can work it around my work schedule.
                    If Knowledge is Power, There are a lot of very weak people out there!!!

'97 TLS It's the "WILD, HAIRY-ARSED, NUN-RAPING VIKING PSYCHOPATH!" with M4 complete exhaust, PCII, -1front +2 rear, airbox mod, R motor with pairvalve mod, temp sensor relocation mod, and oil cooler mod

Comment

cool thanks for the offer. I'll see what I can do to get the paint and stuff needed and may be looking you up for some help with this. give me a call sometime while your up here. I PMed you with my phone number.
                      -jason

RIP ROB (AKA BREEZE)

Comment

Working...
                      X