Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

question for those who have done screen mod..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question for those who have done screen mod..

what kind of glue or adhesive do you use to attach the screen? i want to do it, but can't seem to find a glue that will work. will hot glue work, or will it melt and whatever because of the motor (thats what i'm thinking will happen). any processes that worked would be awsome.
    if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

I used JB Weld and it worked great.

Comment

Originally posted by AHF

you don't happen to have a pic of the back side do ya? or a close up of the front? if not its cool, no sweat, just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by soccersteve
        Originally posted by AHF

you don't happen to have a pic of the back side do ya? or a close up of the front? if not its cool, no sweat, just curious.
        I used JB weld as well but i am re-painting my fairings so when i do the mesh again, im gonna weld it into the plastic.

PAUL
        93 GSXF6 PIX.

"Opinions are like A$$holes, Everybody has one"

Comment

I used silicone cant think of the name Home Depot has it, comes in a tube and has 9006 or 9001 in its name. Its yellow when it comes out works great and if you dont like it you can take it off easy, JB weld is ok but very messy I found.

Comment

I used the silicone as well but bought clear stuff (it came out clear) it was so easy.
            When I cut the mesh shapes out for the holes I also used plyers to bend the edges down.
            I'm sure you know but double check that the mesh is all the same direction when you put it in.
            Post pics when you're done!
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

I got a little fancy with mine and made it removable

Comment

Very cool Dan, kinda nerdy, just joking!!!!

What did you use to put those brackets on there? Does it just slip under the edge of those?

Comment

my buddy bought the wrong kind of stuff. its like the screen that goes on windows, and its pretty hard to glue in place. since it doesn't bend and stay bent, its a PITA. but i might be able to figure something out.

Comment

To do what dan did you use a epoxy putty that hardens and you put a bolt in the putty before it hardens. then get polilock hex nuts to put the screen on, especially do that on the main fairings for easy cleanability.
                    You sure can tell you are in Ohio Steve, all that rock catching screen. lol J/K
                    TDA Racing/Motorsports
                    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                    Who knows what is next?
                    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

my buddy bought the wrong kind of stuff. its like the screen that goes on windows, and its pretty hard to glue in place. since it doesn't bend and stay bent, its a PITA. but i might be able to figure something out.
                      Ditch that stuff and get the gutter mesh, its super cheap too.

Comment

Originally posted by Katgirl
                        Ditch that stuff and get the gutter mesh, its super cheap too.

where is the pic of the window screen
                        TDA Racing/Motorsports
                        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                        Who knows what is next?
                        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Working...
                        X