X

How to remove broken bar end?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove broken bar end?

When I bought my bike it didn't have bar ends, I want to put some on but on the right side the bolt is broken off right where it screws into the washer. Also what size grips do I need? I bought some but they're too short...

Get some JB Weld

Comment

Originally posted by kickitjp
      Get some JB Weld
      I want to try to get the old bolt out...

Comment

You can drill it out , or try some EZ outs . I've heard some people say they've had some trouble with those . Personally , I've never used them . Drilling it out shouldn't be terribly difficult , though .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

i've used easy outs many times when I busted off allen bolts and such on my old yamaha...definately nice little things to have around when you need them.

Comment

Make sure you put weighted bar ends back on. They will help keep the vibration in the handle bar down.

Comment

yea dril out the screw, and for the grips get a size you like and just adjust the controlls on the handle bars they slide back and forth to the size that you want so if you want nice short grips losen the nut and pull them towards the end of the bar, its up to you what size your comfortable, and when you put the grips on, use some hair gel inside the grips to make them stick

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed750
                i've used easy outs many times when I busted off allen bolts and such on my old yamaha...definately nice little things to have around when you need them.
                Agreed, but there is a "knack" to using them effectively. I think its easy under estimate the amount of brute force pressure you need to apply to get the little buggers to bite into the screw you're removing.

Given the task at hand, you may be able to find a replacement bar easier than removing the broken bolt....
                Matt

If you think you don't need a helmet, you probably don't.

Comment

Working...
                X