X

Paint or Decal for...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint or Decal for...

Just ordered my solo cowl today Finally !!!!

Anywho, I wanna do some kinda small logo on my cowl, on the sides, but not sure if having it air brushed on would be better or if just finding a place and having them make me a couple decals that say Need4Speed750

suggestions ?

Lou is gonna paint it for me as soon as I get it from Jim and then ship it off to him. 8)

id say decal's so if anything happens or you sell the bike you can get it off

Comment

thats one of the things as well.. i dont know that i'll ever sell it..but if I do, I'd probably keep the cowl for sentimental reasons...

Comment

Airbrush it.

Looks so much cleaner.

Comment

Airbrush. If you use decals you should clear coat over them to preserve them so geting them off later wouldn't be any easyer.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Definately air brush!
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

you could always buy a katriders.com sticker.

haha..find something cool that means something, like a number, or a name of a pet (or significant other). i was thinking about if i got a solo seat then to put my highschool soccer number on it like a number plate kinda thing on a race bike. but i dunno.
              if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

Comment

Do the airbrush. It would look a lot better. It would need to be done during the painting stage before the clear goes on.
                www.mopowersports.com

Comment

hhhmm.. well since lou is doing the painting of my cowl for me, I'll leave it up to him. He mentioned he's got some hookups so Im sure it'll look sweet! (no pun intended)

Comment

I have found that if the decal is properly put on, and the area is clean, the decal will last quite well, and there is so many more options with the decals, like chrome, and what not. Yes, airbrushing does look cool, I thyink the decal would be a better choice, such as selling the bike or what not. Also, the only area the decal really needs to be clearcoated over, is the gas tank, as the gas can take off the adhesion and the decal would come off.

I vote Decal, and besides, I have no idea where my air-brush equipment is after moving!
                    Kan-O-Gixxer!
                    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                    -Ohlins Susupension
                    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Go ahead Lou air brush it for him. You could put a big PINK bunny on there for him!!!LOL

Comment

Originally posted by suzuki2000
                        Go ahead Lou air brush it for him. You could put a big PINK bunny on there for him!!!LOL
                        if he does that, he's keeping that cowl and buying me another one!!

Comment

Here's the compromise. decal with air brush high lights!!
                          works for me.

Comment

I used a decal in case I got sick of it I could take it off.
                            So did Beekman. He did the chrome swoop thing.
                            Bike is sold

Comment

I say air brush only because the effects (shadowing, highlighting, etc) seem more eye-catching than decals, however, the cohesion of both ideas may be the ultimate.
                              Experience is the hardest teacher, it gives the test first and the lesson afterwards

Comment

Working...
                              X