X

After market seat ??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After market seat ??

Can anyone help me? I am in search of an after market seat for my 89' Katana 750. I emailed Corbin but they said that they don't make one at this time unless a number of people wantd the same seat. Any suggestions??

Thanks,

how many people would be required and what would the price be. maybe see if you can get a group buy going on here.
    http://rides.webshots.com/album/552670376QLcRnn?start=0

Comment

I have a corbin seat from a 98 750 I don't want, it has a tear (6 inches, along a line of stitching) in it, I would be willing to trade for a stock seat in similar (or better) condition.

Comment

It's not the same seat Eric. 98 was the first year of the new body style. His is an 89. Totally different seats.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
        who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Originally posted by Eric
          I have a corbin seat from a 98 750 I don't want, it has a tear (6 inches, along a line of stitching) in it, I would be willing to trade for a stock seat in similar (or better) condition.
          Thanks but it is different than the 89. The reason I am looking for a better seat is for the longer trips. I did a couple long day's on the stock seat this summer & I definately want something better! Corbin hinted that they might make a seat for my year if enough people wanted it done but they did not give me a number. I will look into it. I figure that this site would be the best place to find such people ..

Comment

if corbin wants to make a seat 4 our kats(pre 98), count me in!
            1990 600 kat on going projectNow with zxr 750 frontend

Comment

Hey Dirk130.... remember that your seat is different from Long Way 38's also.

Pre-98 600's and 750's have different seats. Then the 98+'s have a different seat, but I THINK they are the same between 600's and 750's.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
              who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

They USED to make them for the pre 750 . I have one . You can still find them if you look REALLY hard and get lucky . Otherwise , might wanna look at one of those strap-on gel or air seats that I've seen in JC Whtiney .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Man I hear ya............I went on a long ride yesterday, about 5 hours, and it felt like I was sitting on a 2x4.
                  Good news is, my uncle makes custom seats from stock ones, so over the winter Im having mine re done.

Comment

Originally posted by notec
                    Man I hear ya............I went on a long ride yesterday, about 5 hours, and it felt like I was sitting on a 2x4.
                    Good news is, my uncle makes custom seats from stock ones, so over the winter Im having mine re done.
                    Nice! I thought of having mine redone as well as an option but I want to find a place that can not only re-do it, but improve the shape etc...you know, experience with motorcycle seats.

Comment

Sorry, it was typo I missed, the seat is from an 89 (first year of old body 750)

Comment

Originally posted by Long Way 38
                        Originally posted by notec
                        Nice! I thought of having mine redone as well as an option but I want to find a place that can not only re-do it, but improve the shape etc...you know, experience with motorcycle seats.
                        Thats what he does.....he modifies the factory seat pan,cuts or adds foam(depending on the rider) and covers it in the fabric and color of choice.
                        He usually charges between $60 and $100 depending on the material.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric
                          Sorry, it was typo I missed, the seat is from an 89 (first year of old body 750)
                          Really?, Can you post a photo of it, or send me a photo?

Comment

Well after a couple emails to & from Corbin, I think I'm/we're out of luck. No seat made for an 89' Katana. He did however suggest that another aftermarket seat manufactuer may make one. Who else makes aftermarket seats? I know of Sargent, but don't know if they make the seat in question either. ???

Comment

and corbin wouldn't be willing to make one if enough people were on board? That's surprising.
                              http://rides.webshots.com/album/552670376QLcRnn?start=0

Comment

Working...
                              X