X

Painted Turn Signals

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painted Turn Signals

Not on the Kat, but I did this to my VTX and I think it looks cool. Transparent black window tint paint from any hobby store for four bux.

Thought she looked good and this is something that would apply to the Kats as well so thought I would post anyways...

Thanks for listening.
    I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane

Nice, I would like to see it lite up personally.
    TDA Racing/Motorsports
    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
    Who knows what is next?
    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

yeah, I too, would like to see them lit. I know here they would be illegal, we arent allowed to have light covers, or window tint.
      Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

I am sure they are illegal, but oh well I'll get a pic of them lit up when it gets warmer out, They are dimmer than before the paint, but not horrible, so I am thinking of putting a bunch of led's in the taillight to help brigthen it up to the level it was.

Comment

it does look good though
          Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

Looks kool,what did you prep the surface with? Or was it just a clean surface?
            2004 CBR 1000 RR I dont gottagofaster anymore ....

Comment

lil sand paper then wipe it off with some rubbing alky

Comment

I tried doing that but my signals were still too amber so I decided to go to something more solid:

DON'T HATE THE PLAYA, HATE THE GAME!!

Comment

it definately looks sweet ! blends in alot better....but if u ever decide you cant have them anymore.. the new clear smoke ones from CA look hot as hell too!

Comment

thoes singlas are bad @$$, but id def get a ticketf or thoes puppies in ma

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed750
                      it definately looks sweet ! blends in alot better....but if u ever decide you cant have them anymore.. the new clear smoke ones from CA look hot as hell too!
                      It is definetly a permanent thing. But I was pleased with the results. Also with my custom rear LED's they blink twice as fast.

Comment

Originally posted by duff daddy
                        I got pulled over by a cop here once and he went in front of the bike and told me to turn them on and said it was ok. As long as there is some amber coming through the front to signal anyone there he said it was ok.
                        I also asked a few other police officers where I used to work what they thought and they said the same thing. So I guess I am ok until I get a real jackass!!

Comment

Originally posted by zerocool61
                          Originally posted by duff daddy
                          I got pulled over by a cop here once and he went in front of the bike and told me to turn them on and said it was ok. As long as there is some amber coming through the front to signal anyone there he said it was ok.
                          I also asked a few other police officers where I used to work what they thought and they said the same thing. So I guess I am ok until I get a real jackass!!
                          Sounds like you did get a jackass if he was checking all your turnsignals over. Here in MI you do not even have to have turn signals on a motorcycle, but you do have to have a horn.

Comment

I was following a Mazda pickup last summer and I noticed that he had his taillights spray tinted. What I didn't notice was that his brakelights were ON and I nearly ended up in the bed of his pickup.

If you're tinting your rear lights be very careful. People don't see us as it is.... tinted lights don't help.

LED's would be a good idea me thinks.

Okay, my motherly speech is over. Go back to your discussion.

Comment

Working...
                            X