X

i think im gonna cry

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had it happen to me twice.

-Once when i was trying to walk it back into a parking spot. I guess it had a bit of a slope that I didn't account for. I just lost my balance and it started to go on me. All I could do was put it down as gently as I could.

-The second time was when I came to the end of a parking lot to pull out into the street. Went to put my feed down and applied the front break. Didn't see the sand on the ground - so the front break locked and the front wheel slid do one side. I could barely maintain my footing on the sand to keep my self from going down with the bike.

I got my bike used and it had fallen over on the last owner. So I don't feel too bad about adding a scratch or two to what's already there. Thats why i bought the bike used. Got a good deal too.

Comment

I think I have the most recent one...It was a few days ago and I was trying to figure out the center stand....I know...I know...I've been riding Katanas for the last 10 years and motorcycles since I was 12 years old, but I had never used the center stand. I tried to use it and couldn't get it up on the damn center stand by rocking it backwards strattling it, so I tried from the left side....over on the right side it went. Luckily the previous owner put some silly wheely foot pegs on each side which saved it from damage.
      Before criticizing someone, first walk a mile in their shoes...
      Then when you criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
      -----
      2001 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by source
        I think I have the most recent one...It was a few days ago and I was trying to figure out the center stand....I know...I know...I've been riding Katanas for the last 10 years and motorcycles since I was 12 years old, but I had never used the center stand. I tried to use it and couldn't get it up on the damn center stand by rocking it backwards strattling it, so I tried from the left side....over on the right side it went. Luckily the previous owner put some silly wheely foot pegs on each side which saved it from damage.

Those would be frame sliders
        GSX600F RIP 3/2006 - 6/9/2008

Comment

I bought mine pre-rashed. It has some light scratches I ALMOST got rid of with rubbing compound,polish, and wax. But they come back a bit when it isn't heavily waxed. It looks like a VERY low speed drop, maybe rolling in a driveway.

I haven't dropped it yet, but I won't cry when I do since it won't be the first!
          -2005 Katana GSX750F ***SOLD***
          -2006 Kawasaki ZX-6R

RideGear.com (I keep shooting, but they won't DIE!)

Comment

Originally posted by Wade-Kat600
            First ride with my g/f and she dropped her 04 cbr600rr against my retaining wall just as we were pulling out - broken mirror and pinned her leg between the bike and the wall - needless to say she was embarrassed as she's no novice. She still rode the rest of the day.

I dropped mine in the driveway once - went to put it away one night after a couple too many beers and my foot went down on an uneven part....it was like slow motion ..... oops
            haha damn, i love my kat to death but ur girlfriend has a cbr600rr lol, shes wayyyyy cooler than you

just messin

Comment

Long time ago I dropped my CX500 Turbo while trying to catch my falling helmet, and it felt like I was in Olympic weight lifting contest to lift the bike up. Not on my Kat yet but I am just wondering when that day gonna be...

Comment

two wheels = falls over

sorry to hear about the tip over. they're right, it's that first ding that hurts most. especially with a nice paint job like yours
                this summer, i dropped my friend's new Ninja in the back of my Dodge after bringing it home new from the lot! luckily, he couldn't ride worth shit in the beginning and has since laid it down worse than i did. but man did i feel retarded after that one

we all do it, if it is any condolence!
                1993 Suzuki GSX600F

Comment

Wow, congratulations to everyone who participated - this thread is a year old this month! If the guy who started it still rides, he's now got about a year of experience!

To other noobs just starting out, I always recommend removing all of the body panels for at least the first six months of riding. You will drop it in that time. Hopefully you'll have done all the damage you're going to for a while. After you have some confidence and experience, put the body back on and enjoy the "new" look.

As far as paint/decals/bodywork, don't sweat it. It's just like anything else. It takes time and practice. I was nervous as hell the first time I did any filler, bodywork, and paint. I had stripped a bike completely down to its frame, and wasn't totally confident I could put it back together. It took time, and I had to do a few spots a few times, but in the end, it came out gorgeous. Painted frame, chopped seat, no dents, everything on the bike was either blue or chrome, and man did the chicks notice...

Anyway, I'm just saying, have fun, don't stress, and enjoy your bike.

Comment

Originally posted by stealth
                    Wow, congratulations to everyone who participated - this thread is a year old this month! If the guy who started it still rides, he's now got about a year of experience!

To other noobs just starting out, I always recommend removing all of the body panels for at least the first six months of riding. You will drop it in that time. Hopefully you'll have done all the damage you're going to for a while. After you have some confidence and experience, put the body back on and enjoy the "new" look.

As far as paint/decals/bodywork, don't sweat it. It's just like anything else. It takes time and practice. I was nervous as hell the first time I did any filler, bodywork, and paint. I had stripped a bike completely down to its frame, and wasn't totally confident I could put it back together. It took time, and I had to do a few spots a few times, but in the end, it came out gorgeous. Painted frame, chopped seat, no dents, everything on the bike was either blue or chrome, and man did the chicks notice...

Anyway, I'm just saying, have fun, don't stress, and enjoy your bike.
                    I did my fairing twice to get it (acceptably) right.

Comment

Working...
                    X