No announcement yet.
X

i think im gonna cry

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allmost droped mine the first time a took it out of my garage - the roan at the end of our driveway has a slight incline. I put it on the side stand(no problem with my previous bike), however this time it was a problen - while I was closing the garage door - the bike began to move slowly downhill making the sidestand coome of the ground and the bike beginning to tilt to the left side - cought it half way down - no dagage... that is to the bike, but my back was killing me for a couple of weeks.... Burning into my memory to always leave it in gear...
    "If you believe everything you read - better not read."

Comment

Man, I feel your pain. We have all done something to our beloved bikes before. I dropped mine in my drive way just a couple weeks ago. It ground down the fairing in 2 places
      It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
        ....and I just kept my leg under it. it hurt a bit, and I was pinned like a squid, and the exhaust was burning through my boot, and I felt like an idiot for the 5-10 minutes it took for two guys to come out of the restaurant to pick it off me....but again, didn't hurt the bike. I could have pulled my leg out and picked it up....but I will take looking like a dork over having to repaint my bike.

Mojoe you're killing me
        "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
        JOHN 16:33

Comment

Dropped my Kat the day I got it. When I went to get the bike, it started raining. I thought about waiting till the next day to get it, but nnoooooo. I gotta have it now. Rode home in the rain and got it under my carport, dried it off, checked it out some more, smiled, and then proceeded to put it on the centerstand........ooooooohh. Two weeks later I was turning around in the driveway and proceeded to make my paint scratches match on both sides of the bike. To add insult to injury, my 4 year old said "Daddy, you told me not to lay my bike down like that."
          Warning!! Will ride at anytime for no reason.

Comment

Originally posted by bigat06
            Dropped my Kat the day I got it. When I went to get the bike, it started raining. I thought about waiting till the next day to get it, but nnoooooo. I gotta have it now. Rode home in the rain and got it under my carport, dried it off, checked it out some more, smiled, and then proceeded to put it on the centerstand........ooooooohh. Two weeks later I was turning around in the driveway and proceeded to make my paint scratches match on both sides of the bike. To add insult to injury, my 4 year old said "Daddy, you told me not to lay my bike down like that."
            "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
            JOHN 16:33

Comment

Had my new Kat three months when I threw it down the road and wrote it off ... Bent the frame 7cm and twisted it and the sub frame .. fairings were a jigsaw puzzle ... carbs gone, alternator gone .. tank gone .. wrecked ... I sat and just about wept ... licked my wounds and rebuilt the faithful steed from the ground up its now (3 years later) better than the bike I bought by a long way ..
              2001 GSX750F
              1995 ZZR600

Comment

Dropped mine at a stop sign all by myself. Car came up and scared me.

Comment

stickers to hide scratches

I found a GSXF sticker the size of my scratch. I tried touch up paint but it looks rough and dull, so I am not satisfied.
                  Should I sand the rough surface before I apply the decal, or leave it alone?
                  james71
                  Think I'll start a thread asking "What's the biggest tire you can put on a Kat?"

Comment

Oh, man, I've had my brand spankin' new off-the-floor '06 Kat for a month now...I haven't dropped her yet, but I'm still trying to get the damned "You will die if you're an Idiot!" stickers off the tank and the fairing....I've been very gingerly trying to peel the one off the tank...I'm thinking I'm going to custom paint her, but the less touch up I have to do, the better, right? Oh, btw I've only been riding as long as I've had the Kat...just got my liscence, learning how to ride from my dad, a 20 year Hog veteran...he'll never let me live it down if I drop my Kat.

anyways, I digress....If I drop my bike I'll probably be pretty pissed off...I hope I don't, but chances are it'll happen some time. It's a 500lb machine balanced on a few square inches of rubber.... I just try not to think about it

It's pretty and black, and a scratch will show up a mile away...good thing I'm custom painting her I guess, at least I can do my own repairs ^__^

Don't feel bad, though. I'm sure, like anything else, you'll be able to tell stories about that and laugh about it pretty soon. Your girl is right, it's just paint ^_^.

Love and Respect

~The600Samurai

Comment

I was tired of looking at it and ordered a new fairing pre-painted from suzuki.
                      Think I'll start a thread asking "What's the biggest tire you can put on a Kat?"

Comment

Originally posted by babybusa
                        Originally posted by StevieB
                        Sounds like this thread is winding down.

So, did you kiss your GF for being so suportive? Take her to dinner- on the Kat, natch- to show her how much you appreciate her.

That's an order, soldier.
                        hey thanks pal yeah we did go out. but not on the kat (raining) lol she is very supportive. i was going to sell it because we where having money problems but she told me no we will find another way to get money. i love her to death and only hope everyone can find someone like her. thanks alot guys i feel much better now.
                        Well I didn't lay my bike down - but.

I was in the bike dealership at the tail end of April... We just went in to look at bikes. Nothing more, nothing less...

I found 'Trigger' (Yea, I named my bike, so?) in a group of 2007's (He's a 2006) and just jumped on. Felt nice and she said "Wow, you look hot on that bike, babe" I was like "Oh really, now?" and gave her a big smile. She looked at another bike and was digging it too.

Long story short, a week goes by and I get a call from the dealer. "Hey Anthony, when did you want to pick up your Katana?" I was like "Who is this, and what did you say?" He repeated, "This is Tom from [cycle shop] in Sacramento. We have a bike here with your name on it, and was wondering when you were picking it up, so we can prep it." I thought this was a joke, so I said, "Let me call you back in a minute", and hung up the phone. I looked up the name of the shop in the yellow pages, called him back and sure enough, he's asking me when was I coming down to pick it up. "Are you kidding me? When did I sign any paperwork for that bike?" I asked.

I heard him gulp and said "Uhhhhh... your girlfriend hasn't called you yet, has she?" At that minute, she's on the other line and the first thing out of her mouth was "Mr Perez, there's a brand new Katana 600 with your name on it, waiting for you!!" I didn't fall over - I was very close to fainting though!!

Needless to say, I love her very much. Am I lucky, or what?
                        Attached Files
                        GSX600F RIP 3/2006 - 6/9/2008

Comment

Good story I like it!

Now, I've done it AGAIN! This time I F'd up the rear body panel removing the "750" decal! I know...I gotta stop thinking I can do ANY graphics work myself. I removed the decal, but used too much heat with the heat gun and rippled the paint. Then, to smooth the surface used too much pressure and sanded a dent in it!!! I AM A TOTAL F&^*$#@ IDIOT.
                          Now I do not have a level surface to place the new "GSXF" decal.
                          I am going to search the topic, but if anyone has an idea that could be accomplished by a six year old please post it.

Comment

I've heard about bikes being heavy and all, but my adrenaline must have been going, because I hefted that thing back up in a few seconds.
                            Happened to me too.

I went down (FOR THE SECOND TIME) when trying to back into a parking spot right in front of my workplace. I was SO PISSED (and embarassed), I'm pretty sure my muscles were bulging from adrenaline because I yanked that Kat up on my first try. I was like "hey, I didnt think I could do that"

I'm 5'11", 165 lbs by the way.
                            2006 Suzuki GSX-R 600

Comment

Originally posted by Specter
                              I've heard about bikes being heavy and all, but my adrenaline must have been going, because I hefted that thing back up in a few seconds.
                              Happened to me too.

I went down (FOR THE SECOND TIME) when trying to back into a parking spot right in front of my workplace. I was SO PISSED (and embarassed), I'm pretty sure my muscles were bulging from adrenaline because I yanked that Kat up on my first try. I was like "hey, I didnt think I could do that"

I'm 5'11", 165 lbs by the way.
                              You're what? I'm 5'10" and 240#... WTF... must be my ankles, or another part of my anatomy. Look at the above pictures. Do I even look like I weigh 240?
                              GSX600F RIP 3/2006 - 6/9/2008

Comment

I dropped my bike before I actually owned it.

I was sitting on it at the dealer and I had just told the salesman "I'll take it". I made sure the kickstand was down and started to get off the bike, it rolled forward a little, the the kickstand folded and down it went. It pinned me up against a blue 600 Kat right next to it. I was able to get it off me and stand it back up but I sure was very embarrassed. Everyone in the whole showroom (very large showroom, about 100 bikes, about 75 people.) was looking at me. I wanted to turn and just walk out the door but I wanted the bike worse..... It put a little nick on the grab bar but that was it. I've since scratched it once and the neighbor kids have scratched it twice
                                Black IS the fastest color!

Comment

Working...
                                X