No announcement yet.
X

i think im gonna cry

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been there done that. I was taking a sharp corner slowly in a parking lot. Or course there was old people in a car so I was watching them making sure that they were not going to pull out of their parking spot and hit me. So lack of concentration on slow speed and sharp turn. Sharp turn, slow speed= Bike going down. At least you are all right!!!

Comment

i know all about it. with in the first week of having mine i dropped it pulling it out of the back of my truck. about three days later i dropped it taking it of the center stand. no serious damage though, just a slightly bent handle bar. thank god!

Comment

Chicks dig scars

Comment

I've got two moron moments for you.

First was when I was a green rider, and I DO mean green. I got my bike mid-December(2000) and after three days on her I pulled in too close to a curb, caught my boot between the peg and the curb and pulled my bike over on top of myself. Broke the mirror stem and put a decent scratch right across the decals. I was TICKED. Got a neighbor to help me lift the bike, I was shaking so bad I couldn't do it. I almost walked home (a few blocks) because I was convinced I couldn't ride the bike (and the fallover happened when I was stopped, go figure).

Second was when I left the disc lock on the front tire. Got interrupted with my 'pre-flight checklist' and totally forgot to remove the lock. Started her up, put her in gear and went to motor out. Disc hit the brake, bike ROARED and jammed and suddenly I was going over. I ended up pinned under the bike (caught my ankle up under the bike, evidently when she jumped she came SIDEWAYS and bent my ankle under). After peeling off my helmet (fully fuming now..), I struggled to slip my foot from the boot (fortunately I was able to skin myself out of it). Once my leg was out from under the bike, of course she tried to roll even further over, so I slipped off my other boot and jammed it underneath to keep her off the asphalt. So here I stand, in stockinged feet, my bike's on the ground, disc lock is JAMMED up against the brake caliper (it took a few good smacks with a wrench to get it loose....no other damage to the bike thank goodness). I had to go back into work (I'm a substitute teacher while finishing my degree so I can teach) to get a few burly seniors to help me get the bike off the ground. By this point, my ankle is swelling and has a HUGE bruise forming. I ended up with a fracture for my stupidity. Bike came through with a few new marks on the pipe. All I can say is at least I wasn't trying to FLY outta work, I was taking it easy, or I'd have done a helluva lot more damage to myself and my bike. I'm not going to say how -recently- this was, but let's just say I should have known better.....

So there you have it. Feel better now???

Kat
          2001 Suzuki Katana 600. If you see a bright blue rocket with a blonde girl in raspberry & black gear go flying past on the way to San Marcos, Texas..... that's me!

Comment

I i dropped mine too, more like paced it down a few months after getting it. Thouhgt i left the kickstand down while i moved it real quick, but i actuall put it up. Went to stick it on the stand and down she went. I got away with only some scratchs on the mirror and engine cover.

I also was in a rush on day to get to work and hopped in my truck and started to back out of my driveway. Guess what was on the side of my truck? It actually only lifted no further than straightup so it didn't tip plus i had the cover on it so no scratches. That's what they call luccky!
            2005 600, Chopped Shovel, Smoked Turn Signals and Rear Light, 14/50 Sprocket Change, Lubetronic, Whiteface Gauges, Chrome Reflective Screen, Anodized Bar ends and Levers, Met. z3's and some nuts and bolts!!

Comment

Well, I'll join everyone else and try to make you feel better because I really feel your pain.

The second day that I had my very first bike, a VFR500 which is probably the lightest bike over a 350 ever made, I was pushing it up this very very tiny little incline to show my cousin how you push a bike from the side properly, as I had just learned from my safety course... uh right, learned!

Well wouldn't you know it, as I'm giving my younger cousin directions on what to do, I feel the wheight oh so lightly shift away from me. I try to pull it back but before I even realized it the center of gravity was past what I could get back and bang, down she went.

Oh well, I wanted stickers anyways =).

Moral of what everyone is trying to get at here, these things happen. Don't beat yourself up over it man, there's really no point, it's almost like an initiation. You've done it, it's over, you didn't die and the bike can still be ridden, take your knocks and laugh about it at the end of the day.

And vent to everyone of course, getting it out to people who know what it feels like is great therapy.

Comment

Sounds like this thread is winding down.

So, did you kiss your GF for being so suportive? Take her to dinner- on the Kat, natch- to show her how much you appreciate her.

That's an order, soldier.
                "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Originally posted by StevieB
                  Sounds like this thread is winding down.

So, did you kiss your GF for being so suportive? Take her to dinner- on the Kat, natch- to show her how much you appreciate her.

That's an order, soldier.
                  hey thanks pal yeah we did go out. but not on the kat (raining) lol she is very supportive. i was going to sell it because we where having money problems but she told me no we will find another way to get money. i love her to death and only hope everyone can find someone like her. thanks alot guys i feel much better now.
                  wanted a busa but bought a kat like it alot very nice to ride lol

Comment

I know what your talking about...it sucks. But what happened to me was that I was trailering the bike on a buddies trailer and the new straps snapped and the bike hit the freeway at 50 mph flipped twice and skidded 100 feet. The thing that saved me a lot of money was that I had put frame sliders on. Saved 1500 dollars and now the bike is road ready with new sliders in place. Sliders are the best invest anyone can do. Won't ride without them due to the fact that things happen.

Comment

been there. the first scratch hurts the most

Comment

Don't worry man,
                        Gives the bike character!
                        luckily my 97 Kat has many scratches already.
                        My 1975 BMW R90/6 just went over on its side stand the other day. Luckily the boxer opposed cylinders stick way out to the side. The bike fell over while running and just rested on its right cylinder. It did not even miss a beat, it just keep on purring like a kitten.
                        I freaked out of course, but just a couple a small dings..............
                        Keep riding!
                        The truth knocks on the door and you say, "Go away, I'm looking for the truth," and so it goes away. Puzzling.

From Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.

Comment

i have three storys each stupider than the last luckily the bike had needed fairings when i bought it. The very day i got my kat i hopped on it forgot i had my cell in my pants pocket took it out to hand to my friend. imeadeatly proceded to lose my ballance and fall over in the parking lot of the dealership infront of all the employees then couldnt lift it on my own

the second time i came up my street and sliped into my driveway just as i always do but didnt know my sister had just washed the dog and the sun was glarring just right so i couldnt see the soapy water solution in the driveway. came in riding the brakes front wheel locked up lowsided and slid into my truck managed to break the mirrior off the bike.

and last i had parked my bike in my driveway which has the slightest slope almost unnoticeable well the bike was on centerstand facing "downhill" but was stable at leaset untill i bumped into the back of it i then watched it slide of the centerstand roll bout 3 feet and fall over

all of that happened in the first week of having the bike yes they were all squid mistakes but fortunetly i havent had a problem since then now that im used to the bike. and it has alot of character

Cheap and fast won't be reliable.
                          Cheap and reliable won't be fast.
                          Reliable and fast won't be cheap.

Comment

First ride with my g/f and she dropped her 04 cbr600rr against my retaining wall just as we were pulling out - broken mirror and pinned her leg between the bike and the wall - needless to say she was embarrassed as she's no novice. She still rode the rest of the day.

I dropped mine in the driveway once - went to put it away one night after a couple too many beers and my foot went down on an uneven part....it was like slow motion ..... oops
                            97 Katana 600
                            [email protected] (or IM)

Comment

The second day in Florida 2 weeks ago I didnt have anywhere to go to get out of my friends parents garage execpt up a grass hill so rather then going to the top turning around and coming back down I tried to berm it needless to say since I can only touch 2 foot on my toes she went over in the grass on a hill lol. Only damage done was riding in Florida with a broken mirror. Just got my jag mirrors in the other day when I got back to Ohio and back on her.

Comment

never dropped any of my bikes in a way that it hurt it....well not much anyway. dropped it on the grass once and it broke a flasher....easy fix.
                                laid it down another time when I was stopped ....and I just kept my leg under it. it hurt a bit, and I was pinned like a squid, and the exhaust was burning through my boot, and I felt like an idiot for the 5-10 minutes it took for two guys to come out of the restaurant to pick it off me....but again, didn't hurt the bike. I could have pulled my leg out and picked it up....but I will take looking like a dork over having to repaint my bike.

so seeing how these things happen, next time be a man and protect your baby. hit the turf and break her fall if you don't want the damage. It only hurt for a while....and not toooooo badly.

only reak damage has come from OTHERS knocking it over.
                                I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Working...
                                X