X

i think im gonna cry

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i think im gonna cry

i am new to bikes and i own a kat i sold my pos cars to buy this mint kat and it has sorry had a beautiful midnight blue with a light green flake paint job i mean its perfect was perfect. today im moving it around in the garage amd i lost balance and set it down i almost cried . my girlfriend said you look like your gonna cry its just paint we can get it fixed. but tell we get it fixed its gonna haunt me . i have aa cement floor garage and its not smooth like any other garage. damb i mad at my self. sorry guys just had to vent.
    wanted a busa but bought a kat like it alot very nice to ride lol

Happens alot. I had my 06 Katana for 8 hours before it happened to me. Do a search, there are others like us. We are not alone.
    Really, it does happen to most riders at one time or another. It is getting used to a bike that is this heavy, and balance. Even then, all it takes is some loose footing under your boot, whammo. I still can't figure out what happened when I dropped mine. Get mad, then get on with life. I felt tons better as soon as I bought new levers on e-bay. I broke the end off the clutch lever.
    Think "Racing Stickers".
    Sorry about your drop, best to get it out of the way early. A new bike owns "you" until you scratch it. After that,,, you own "it".
    AAA-Anarchy, Armaggedon, Annihilation

Comment

I laid mine down at a stop sign. I was completely stopped and just lost my balance. It happens. At least you weren't moving when it happened.
      Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
      -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
      -Terence

Comment

I went off the road with my Kat after only owning it for 36 hours

Comment

happens to everyone, like brooder said at least you were not moving.

Comment

Sounds like your GF is a good woman, to understand and support you at that moment.

If it came down to it- ditch the bike, keep the girl.

Of course, the irony of the situation is that a woman like that would never ask you to choose...
            "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Happened to me too. I lost my balance while I was at the bank getting on to my bike. It was a very windy day and next thing I know the bike is leaning over. Takes me down with it and lands on my left leg. Got a bruise but my pride was hurt more. lol I can't believe some guy walking by didn't help me pick my Kat up. Its freaken heavy.

Comment

Originally posted by StevieB
                If it came down to it- ditch the bike, keep the girl.
                Heresy!!!!

Comment

yeah thats what i thought lol thanks guys
                  wanted a busa but bought a kat like it alot very nice to ride lol

Comment

$hit happens man. A little touch up paint and you won't even be able to tell! Now you are truly in the rider's club, LoL!
                    "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                    JOHN 16:33

Comment

I took this picture:

...moved the ramp and turn around just in time to see her tipping over. I go bug-eyed and gasp, "Oh...my..."

I've heard about bikes being heavy and all, but my adrenaline must have been going, because I hefted that thing back up in a few seconds.

Comment

There's a sticky about how to pick the bike up properly and by yourself. Probably in the How-To forum?
                        Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
                        -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
                        -Terence

Comment

Frame sliders, help. I used a Suzuki brand set from the SV 1000, bought some stainless steel bolts & now she is good to go. I didn't even have to chop that pretty fairing. Now if you have a solution for movers, I am interested. I had my 2006 for 1 week before the movers loaded it up and delivered it to my new location, looking like a hand sander had attacked the right side of it. $1700 worth of damage!

Comment

I completly understand. My 98 Kat is my first... and favorite... sport bike. I drove to texas and bought it. I put it in the back of they truck and proudly brought it home. I did not notice the short ground clearence and high centered it trying to unload it from the truck using the ghetto home made ramp. I was stuck. Could not go back in because of the weight and positioning, but would not come down because it was high centered...... you guessed it. It went over. I had not even driven it. after several replaced parts and "What were you thinkings" It looks better than ever!

Comment

Don't worry about it. I scratched mine up while trying to clean out my garage. I was moving it around in the garage and accidentally leaned it against a desk and scratched it.

Comment

Working...
                              X