X

how do u like my first paint concept?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do u like my first paint concept?

I drew this up, its my first design ive made, and im thinking im going to go with it, but i wanted to get some opinions.

For the white flames, i am thinking about experimenting with dupli-color's glow in the dark paint. So during the day it will be white, during the night it will glow the glow in the dark blue color.... sounds super cool, and seems super cool in my imagination... anyway have a gander, and let me know what you think.

Of course im going to draw up a couple more designs before i pick one to paint my bike with...
    Attached Files
    ~chris

Looks pretty cool. Would like to see how it turns out if you decide to go that way.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
    who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Nice, Try a couple of sketches. Perhaps on with a darker red or maybe a light gray instead of the white. All metal flake might look nice as well. Below is a sketch I make before painting up my bike.

Here is what I did to my bike. a before shot, the sketch, and an after....
      With some extra mods that didn't make it onto the sketch
      Attached Files

Comment

Cornell that is sharp!!

Chris:
        Try that glow in the dark stuff man!!
        The have that and a reflective clear coat.
        I've been thinging about that!

Comment

One MAJOR warning on working with glow paints, they smell like rotten egg farts. There's no other way to put it, unless you can work outdoors, with a respirator and preferably some kind of air circulation device, i'd avoid them. Something in the glow element WREAKS.

Comment

cornell that is extremely sharp. in fact its beautiful. i hope that mine turns out as good as yours.

Amorgan, I will keep that in mind. dont want to be throwing up all over my bike... Allthough im an adventurer so theres no way i can pass up such a cool thing to do, ill just have to reap the benefits... lol. i will now be prepared though, thanx.
            ~chris

Comment

What's the life on the glow in the dark paints? How long do they glow for and how long till you have to put another coat on it next time?
              Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
              Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

first, do a pre98 750 sketch. :P
                looks good though. i think the glow in the dark paint will be pretty damn cool.

Long Live the D

Comment

photoshoped it

ok check this out, painted it in photoshop so i can see more color.
                  Attached Files
                  ~chris

Comment

heh ya paradox. I figured the 600 was close enough, looks damn near the same. but used that template cuz it was the only one i could find.
                    ~chris

Comment

I want to use the reflective clear..
                      Are you getting yours online Chris?

Comment

If that's what it looks like at night that's gonna be sick!!

Comment

yeah that's going to be pretty 'effin sweet! now show us what it looks like in a 750 damn it!

Long Live the D

Comment

im going to be getting my stuff online. right now ive just been picking up dupli-color paint at walmart, just for testing out on that peice of fairing u gave me, peter. but they dont have the full selection. The high reflection clear coat sounds awesome, i definatly want a super high gloss. that always looks sweet.
                            ~chris

Comment

my girlfriend is suggesting that i put mesh over the big hole in the fairing so i cant paint over that... i dunno tho
                              ~chris

Comment

Working...
                              X