X

polishing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• polishing

I'm trying to polish the grab bar and went to buff out and really hazy. Can anybody help/

iF SO THANKS
    sigpic

??

Comment

Comment

I polish quite alot. I use black emery compound, followed by white rouge, and then depending on the piece will even finish off with blue rouge. The haze will usually wipe off with a extremly soft clothe. Alot of times leftover binder from your polishing compound.
        One project done, now on to the next few!!
        Explanation to girlfriend," I could be blowing time and money on strippers and booze!!!"

"Ahhh! The bliss of retirement and being broke all at the same time!!"

Comment

If it's hazey you missed a step.

Remember when it comes down to it, polishing is making a series of smaller and smaller scratches.

If you have a hazey finish, somewhere in there you went a step too far between abrasives, or you didn't go down to a light enough abrasive at the end to polish it up.

OOPS....just saw that this thread was ancient.
          -2005 Katana GSX750F ***SOLD***
          -2006 Kawasaki ZX-6R

RideGear.com (I keep shooting, but they won't DIE!)

Comment

what process are you following to polish? What equipment are you using? Did you sand the piece you are trying to polish before you started with the compound? More info is required in order to get good advice. I just picked up a polishing kit that works with a drill, and it works great.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

i ann doin polishin as a side job i can give you every thing you need to know just email me at [email protected]

Comment

Working...
              X