X

Slip on vs. Full System

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slip on vs. Full System

What is the difference between a "Slip-on" and a "Full System" I'm assuming a can vs. a "engine-can" setup? Could I simply buy a Slip-On exhaust to create a more aggressive sound, or will that require some more complex engine adjustment? I'm not afraid to take it apart, just not great with the whole "gasses and fluids" concepts of engines.

Thanks

If you just want to get the look and sound then yes you can just buy a slip on canister. IT is just like putting a muffler on a car/truck.

Now with a full system you would have to rejet your carbs. due to the change it creates on the engine. You do this so that fuel/air mixture is correct so that it is not running too rich or too lean.

Now on Fuel Injected bikes you would buy a powercommander which does the same thing as rejetting but it does it thru the computer on the bike.

Hope this helps you out..

P.S. You can get all kinds of slip-on and full systems for the 98+ Kats. For the pre98 Kats you are limited to Vance and Hines and D&D systems.
    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I have a 2000 Kat 750, and was just thinkin of somethin simple I could do to make it meaner. Slip-On sounds like an easy way to go. As far as performance, the bike does exactly what I want it to, so I don't need a whole system. I'd rather avoid tweaking anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Sublime0069
        Thanks for the info. Yeah, I have a 2000 Kat 750, and was just thinkin of somethin simple I could do to make it meaner. Slip-On sounds like an easy way to go. As far as performance, the bike does exactly what I want it to, so I don't need a whole system. I'd rather avoid tweaking anything.
        I have the same bike as you, and Im lookin at a slip on as well. Its definately cheaper if you're just lookin for the meaner sound and look..but if you wanna mod it out for performance, you gotta go full system.

Special K can hook you up with either one. 8)

Comment

man if your gonna spend the money for a can ...get a full exhaust, its worth it, save for an extra couple months and just do it ..i think im gonna rejet my bike this year anyway, i have a yoshi full exhaust and im prob gonna put like 140 jets in there to get some more gas in there but oh well id say get the full sys ...better true sound i think

Comment

Need has some sound bites you can listen to and decide if you like one slipon over another. I am performance all the way so I would say go for the gusto and get a full system. Here is the link to the sound bites: http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_0410_pipe_clips/
            TDA Racing/Motorsports
            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
            Who knows what is next?
            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
            Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

If you are looking for a Truely mean sound, go with D&D, they are the meanest, and loudest!
              Kan-O-Gixxer!
              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
              -Ohlins Susupension
              -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                If you are looking for a Truely mean sound, go with D&D, they are the meanest, and loudest!
                And most obnoxious . You forgot to add that noone will ever want to ride behind you again , too .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

The Hindle or Yosh, very neighbor friendly especially at idol but they come alive when you crank the throttle open. Yoshi full system is the best tuned for the bike!!
                  TDA Racing/Motorsports
                  1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                  Who knows what is next?
                  Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                  Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Working...
                  X