X

Best Touring Windscreen?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Touring Windscreen?

Hey guys, I'm new to Katanas (and this forum). I've tried searching, but haven't found what I'm looking for.

what is the best windscreen for touring? i'm 6'3" and I want something that will give me the best protection on extremely long trips at highway speeds.

thanks in advance!
    Pete

Their are lots of choices out there. Try looking at Zero Gravity. They have a highest Tourning windscreen. I have changed to an MRA windscreen. Has the small flip at the top. Love the way it looks and changes where the wind deflects on you.
    Biker chicks know how to ride.....

Comment

It depends on which model/year Kat you have. A little more info please, or fill in your ride profile and we can look before we anwer.

The Pre-98's have very few choices, as most of the touring windshields have been discontinued. E-bay or somebody with a back stock can help you. If you have a newer bike, you are in a better situation...

Welcome to KR.
      AMA member # 224227

Comment

Originally posted by Meikol2
        It depends on which model/year Kat you have. A little more info please, or fill in your ride profile and we can look before we anwer.

The Pre-98's have very few choices, as most of the touring windshields have been discontinued. E-bay or somebody with a back stock can help you. If you have a newer bike, you are in a better situation...

Welcome to KR.
        sorry, I haven't bought a bike yet. but I intend to by a 98+ within the next month..

thanks for your help!

Comment

Zero Gravity makes a great windscreen.. But my speedscreen works pretty sweet too !!

Comment

They all are great, thicker than stock and with a 98+ there are many choices out there.
            TDA Racing/Motorsports
            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
            Who knows what is next?
            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
            Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by THAZKAT
              They all are great, thicker than stock and with a 98+ there are many choices out there.
              I know there's many choices. I'm looking for funtion over apearance tho. I'm doing a 10,000kms trip this summer, and I need to get the best wind deflecting one out there.. there must be one that's biggest?

Comment

try to get the Euro lipped model.

Mo-Tech did a HUGE tour of Europe on his Kat...had a gigantic screen...he would be the expert

Comment

Is there a company that makes a Double Bubble windscreen for the +98's?
                  Kan-O-Gixxer!
                  -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                  -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                  -Ohlins Susupension
                  -Various Other Mods

Comment

I think sport tech, zero gravity and lochart phillips but what do I know I have a pre98. lol
                    TDA Racing/Motorsports
                    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                    Who knows what is next?
                    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Working...
                    X