X

clear tail lens for pre 98

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clear tail lens for pre 98

Does anyone know where to get a clear taillight lens for the pre 98 kat 600/750? I've checked alot of sites and I've come up with nothing. Can anyone help?
    Thanks

I don't remember if I have seen one or not. Sorry, but not much help here. I think a group of us (on a different site last year) tried to get together a big enough group to get Clear Alternatives to make one, but we were way short.

By the way the rear of the 600 and 750 are totally different Pre-98.
    AMA member # 224227

Comment

I've seen 2 and they were both custom made by cutting the lens and then gluing on clear plastic. The 600 that I saw looked very good but the 750 left something to long for.
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

I figured I'd have to custom make the thing. It's tough to find aftermarket stuff for the pre 98, actually katanas in general. Then I look at parts for the gsx-r and theres all kinds of stuff. It's katana discrimination!

Comment

Now you know why I sold my Kat to BearKat!! j/k'ing but yeah, they don't make much in the way for pre-98s. However, that being said, if enough people (I think it's 25) express interest and can supply a complete rear lamp assembly, they will gin something up.
          sigpic

WERA West #71/MWGP #71/CVR #71
          MSF Rider Coach 27028
          MoPowerSports.com
          Torco
          SoCalTrackDays

Comment

I can supply my entire taillamp assembly. 24 to go!

Comment

Originally posted by BraadaJim
              I've seen 2 and they were both custom made by cutting the lens and then gluing on clear plastic. The 600 that I saw looked very good but the 750 left something to long for.
              I've thought about trying that.. I take it held up pretty good?

I have a prototype with two bulbs in it.. going to try in incorporating the blinkers there..
              misery loves company...

Comment

for gits and shiggles, i emailed a company tonight that that makes custom plastics. they're site says they can custom make anything, all you gotta do is send a pic or doodle or something and they can work with you to make what you want. everything from brochure holders to a custom vase stand if desired. i attached a pic of the brake light assembly on a pre98 750, and requested a quote on fabricating a single unit and was curious if they'd offer a discount if i gathered up a group buy. i'm willing to send a brake light to them to match up if they can do it, and i also let them know there was a "slight" demand for pre98 undertails. IF they actually email back and say they can do the brake light, i'll see if someone can maybe doodle up an undertail design (specs would be needed as well) to send to them as well. i don't expect them to do such a small job (brake light), but it's really not much smaller than a single vase stand so i guess i'll find out..

"If you ain't first, you're last..." - Ricky Bobby
                "Your stuck on an anger bridge man, you gotta cross the anger bridge and come back to the friendship shore..." - Magic Man

Comment

Originally posted by takirb
                  for gits and shiggles, i emailed a company tonight that that makes custom plastics. they're site says they can custom make anything, all you gotta do is send a pic or doodle or something and they can work with you to make what you want. everything from brochure holders to a custom vase stand if desired. i attached a pic of the brake light assembly on a pre98 750, and requested a quote on fabricating a single unit and was curious if they'd offer a discount if i gathered up a group buy. i'm willing to send a brake light to them to match up if they can do it, and i also let them know there was a "slight" demand for pre98 undertails. IF they actually email back and say they can do the brake light, i'll see if someone can maybe doodle up an undertail design (specs would be needed as well) to send to them as well. i don't expect them to do such a small job (brake light), but it's really not much smaller than a single vase stand so i guess i'll find out..
                  Awesome! I for one would buy both the undertail and the lense. I'll send them my stock lense if they need one.

Comment

I've got an extra 600 lense I could send..if need be.
                    misery loves company...

Comment

Working...
                    X