Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Painted Headlight Housing Possible? (JDM Style)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painted Headlight Housing Possible? (JDM Style)

Someone please let me know. Before I trash my headlight, I want to know if it is like any other headlight housing. I have used the oven method to paint the housing of all of my cars (Hondas) and it works great. I took my fairing off, and it looks like the headlight is encased in this black plastic. I see Kats on here with headlights that have black housing. Is that stock on the 04+??? Someone shed some light on the subject please...

VS.

^^ I guess I dont quite understand what you are asking. Dont dump your headlight unless its broken. Trust me they are expensive.
    Project Katana

1998 Katana 600

Comment

Suzuki figured out that it's cheaper to have half the interior casing vacuum-mirror finished than having the entire casing vacuum-mirror finished. The ones with the full reflectors are generally more desirable because it means more light to the road.

In theory, you could separate the seals for the lens and paint it, but I would HIGHLY discourage you from doing so, at least on your existing one (go get a spare off eBay if you want to try it).

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
      X