X

Waltari's Advice Please

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waltari's Advice Please

I guess this is for anyone that want's to throw their $.02 in, but my question is based on pics I have seen from Waltari's bike. I am planning on cutting the back pegs and the bars that they are connected to. I want to do this for a couple reasons. First, my wife hates my bike, so I don't need a passenger seat or pegs. Second, I think it would look a lot more sporty and clean without these bars showing. Third, I want to try to route my exhaust over the swingarm and up under the tail, and I figure getting rid of these bars will definetly make that easier. Actually, I want to try to route an exhaust on either side up under the tail into a dual canister. By the way, I have already cut the rear fairing and am planning on cutting it even more to make it resemble a SS rear end. Basically, I wanted to find out if this is feasible and if I will need to brace the seat bars to support my weight. (weigh about 170lbs). Also, I want to see if I can get new headers that go from 4 into 2 each go to a pipe on the side. Sorry if I don't have all the technical jargon correct. Kinda new to this. Actually, very new to this. I appreciate any advice/input from anybody. I don't mean to make it sound like Waltari is better than everyone else, just cause he's the man.

Any brownie points yet???

Honestly, I don't think you'll have enough room to do an undertail exhaust. From my measurements, it seemed pretty likely that you might be able tio fit it under there "at rest" but you would probably bottom out and it would hit the top of the rear tire under full compression.
    I could see doing a twin high mount exhaust that didn't go over the tire.

Comment

what if i were to raise the back some? i have posted about shorter dogbones to accomplish this, but have found out that i would need to cut and weld them since nobody makes them. or get a shock from a bandit 1200 or something.

Comment

I've already started/ tried making my kat have a dual undertail exhaust, it won't work unless there are some mods done to the frame. Under compression the rear tire will hit them, I've already checked and measured probably close to 20 different kinds of cans.

Comment

okay, guess i'll take your guys word for it. would know better than me. but what about cutting the bars that the back pegs are on? i still want to get rid of these. will i need to weld in a support out of sight?

Comment

Working...
          X