X

instead of chroming...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thaz-

i'm going to do my swingarm in chrome eventually. and if i am able to do the chrome process, then i'll be doing just about everything in chrome....to an extent. so when you move back to ohio, i should have a better handle on everything and probably do a swingarm for ya
    if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

Comment

When I pull the stock swingarm off and before putting the RF arm on I want to chrome both of them and I also know a lot of HD boys that would like to find someone good and new at chroming.
      TDA Racing/Motorsports
      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
      Who knows what is next?
      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

dude, i would love the business. i'm getting a ton more literature from this company near me and i might be getting a bigger/better machine. so we'll be in touch. over.

Comment

My race team had some control arms (steel, 4130 to be more specific) nickel plated last year. They looked really good, a nice matte finish. And pretty durable too. I'm not sure if thats the same nickel plating you were thinking of however. We had ours done for free by a place called Central Plating in VT, they also do chroming and anodizing, for pretty cheap.

Originally posted by soccersteve
          thaz- you only have to have aluminum parts plated nickel, then you can plate them whatever you want (AS FAR AS I AM AWARE OF). This may be different, depending on the processes.

Mr. Clean- I would love to take on some small parts for KR members, but I want to become proficient at the whole process and make sure everything looks good before i start doing orders for members. would you want gold or chrome? i'll remember you called first dibs. PM me if you want some more details and what kind of parts your looking to get done.

Comment

Where do you get these machines from, and how much do they cost? To Chrome stuff with these machines, is it the same way the big shops do it, and is it just as durable as the stuff you would get from a shop?
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

i'm not sure how the big shops do it. but these machines are just as durable as the "real" stuff. if you google chrome platers. you should probably come up with some good products.

Comment

The biggest differences between the home kits and the big places is that the big places usually have better prep methods (acid baths, fine grinding, etc). Other than that, it's exactly the same thing at a smaller scale. Oh, and some of the big places also do vacuum depositing, which is suitable for plating plastics and other items that normally won't take an electroplate.

Cheers
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Working...
                  X