X

Rattle with a new windscreen?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rattle with a new windscreen?

I just installed a zero gravity windscreen on my 99' Kat and have since noticed a rattle mainly when accelerating. Has anyone experienced the same? I installed it per the manual and took the rubber stoppers off the stock screen and transfered them to the new. The rattle seems to be coming from the top right and left corners...have I maybe tightened those two bolts too tight (or maybe not enough)? Thanks guys
    1999 Black Katana GSX-600F

In my experience, the rattle usually is actually based at the bottom center fastner, which gets loose after being opened/closed a few times (at least on the 98+). WHAT I DO: Replace the suzuki specialty pop-snap fastner with a zip-tie pulled as tight as you can (use a pair of pliers to yank it tight).

There are also the two phillips head screws that come up against the inside of the windshield from within the instrument surround -- did you remember to put those back?

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Yeah those zip ties come in handy for alot of things. Trying to replace those fasteners is a royal pain, atleast for me, I ended breaking 2 of them before. Suzuki wanted like 13.00, dealer, for 2 of them, I was like , zip ties work great and are much easier to work with and cheaper to replace in the future.

You can also get a set of the rubber stoppers or welnuts from any dealer, and keep then handy because they do get stretched out after a while.

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
        Yeah those zip ties come in handy for alot of things. Trying to replace those fasteners is a royal pain, atleast for me, I ended breaking 2 of them before. Suzuki wanted like 13.00, dealer, for 2 of them, I was like
        FYI for the future: I carry them at my cost, a hair under $2 a piece.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I love Zip-Ties as Convict will tell you

I have quite a few parts ziptied on there!!!
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
          X