X

04 rear fender removal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 04 rear fender removal

OK folks I have a new shovel chopped rear fender that I want to put on the kat. I tried taking the old off without removing the rear wheel but unfortunately that did not work out that well since the front fo the rear has a mud shovel that is all plastic versus previous years that were more of a rubber flap.

Now my question is what is the best way to remove the rear and get it back into adjustment again.
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

ok i got the new fender on but I have an issue. The rear tail section does not appear to fit properly were the bumble tail rears smaller tatn the newer style ones?

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

So I take it the older one you put in is a stock one that was pre-chopped from a 98-02? My guess is that they differ at the rear end but I don't know for sure. I think the trunk area on the new style is a bit elongated.

You might have to bite the bullet and chop your newer one and sell the older one. Either that or buy an eliminator kit which looks cleaner. My kit meant cutting the old fender off way up front by the battery box.
      Suzuki Katana: The best underated motersicle in da woild

Comment

where did you get your eliminator from?

Comment

Got it from http://whaccessories.com/Rear%20Fender.htm 3 seasons ago...it's a Metisse...have yet to see one I like better. Looks like it's $180 now and judging by the listing it fits everything newer than '98...which leads me to believe there's no difference between yours and the 98-02 to get back to your original question.

Comment

well i did some measuring and there is an inch difference between where the tail section connects to the rear fender and where the orginal one did. So they have to be different.

Comment

You think it's a pain having to triple check parts fitting for a Katana? Imagine buying parts for the top rated bikes that redesign every year or two.

Comment

Working...
              X