Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

bondo... how big of a hole can it fill???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bondo... how big of a hole can it fill???

I was thinking of filling the rearview mirror outlets on my 93 kat and relocating the mirrors so I can use some aftermarket that I have. if I use bondo to fill the resesses will it crack, is there something else I can use.
    iconryder

If you fill it with bondo it will crack. I would use JB weld or fiberglass to fill it. Then smooth it out with bondo then Primer and finish it.

Comment

I wouldn't use fiberglass. Get a peice of ABS plastic, cut it to size, and plastic weld it in. That would be your best option.
      Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
      -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
      -Terence

Comment

Yeah I made some patches on my plastic. I took an old broken piece that id idnt need off the kat and cut it out then I used 2 part plastic adhesive to bond it in. I used alot of adhesive then just sanded it down with an obital sander until smooth.
        Project Katana

1998 Katana 600

Comment

I don't know what it is called, or what it looks like, but Convict got some and used some... It is a bonndo type (almost like JB Weld he said) ABS plastic repair stuff, that is fully sandable... he got it at a autobody store.

When he unpacks from his move, I will see if he can tell me what it is, or take a pic and send it to me as I need some as well.
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

i would fix it with fiberglass if you know how, or bondo also makes this other suff... called metal something. It's much thinker than body filler and is used to fill up larger spots before finishing it off with the body filler. You should use body filler either way to finish off and get rid of any inperfections.
            2005 600, Chopped Shovel, Smoked Turn Signals and Rear Light, 14/50 Sprocket Change, Lubetronic, Whiteface Gauges, Chrome Reflective Screen, Anodized Bar ends and Levers, Met. z3's and some nuts and bolts!!

Comment

Working...
            X