X

Want Added Visability?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want Added Visability?

I was at the auto parts store looking in there little ricer section, and seen some LED Bolts. I got to thinking, and picked me up some red ones.

The other day I go out, and bolt them to the bottom holes on my Lic. Plate.

Perfect fit. Wire them up to the rear running light and WAALAA!

They are super bright, and only cost about 10 bucks. Wiring them up was a snap. There was already a small hole in the undertray near the rear, looks like a drain of some sort.

To power them, I just tapped into the running lite on the rear tail light (98-02 it will be the grey wire coming off the side of the blub, not sure about 02 and up if they changed it at all), and grounded up dront near the battery on the frame.

I will take some pics tommarrow and post them up!
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

lou, you of all people should know...

we want pics today!

Long Live the D

Comment

Yeah , Ithought about that , but I'm lazy . If it's nice enough to go out and WORK on the bike , it's nice enough to RIDE the bike .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

It's tomorrow already,
        R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Comment

Be careful. The police like to give people crap for having colored lights where I am from. Good luck
            Because an angy man is seldom reasonable, a reasonable man is seldom angry.

Comment

They are red and facing the rear, I don't see what the issue could be.
              05 GSX-600
              89 zx750r
              04 Honda TRX-450

Comment

Been 4 days now

Comment

I know, it doesnt make sense. They call it unauthorized lighting here.
                  Because an angy man is seldom reasonable, a reasonable man is seldom angry.

Comment

Heres my version

PAUL
                    93 GSXF6 PIX.

"Opinions are like A$$holes, Everybody has one"

Comment

I have blue ones on my plate (top screws) ,and led pods under front and rear of my bike... as well as other blue leds under my bike. I have yet to have a problem with police... State/constibles/local city... no problems. Hey you could always put them on a small switch to turn them off so that if you do get pulled over most cops will warn you if you have a way of turning them off. Many Many years of experience with neons under cars--several cars many cops--
                      Horn broken--watch for finger....

Comment

I did the same thing, Lou, except I wired mine into the brake light, mounted them at the BOTTOM of my plate, and grounded to the frame. I also bought some chevron shaped LED turn signals from Pep Boys, fabbed up two aluminum brackets, and mounted those near the top of my license plate.

When I finish securing the wiring, I'll bust out a few pics.

Comment

Originally posted by DoyleDee
                          I have blue ones on my plate (top screws) ,and led pods under front and rear of my bike... as well as other blue leds under my bike. I have yet to have a problem with police... State/constibles/local city... no problems. Hey you could always put them on a small switch to turn them off so that if you do get pulled over most cops will warn you if you have a way of turning them off. Many Many years of experience with neons under cars--several cars many cops--
                          I just installed 8 superbright blue LEDs i picked up from supa-fly-kat... 4 under the tail, and two on each side by the holes in the main fairings. Got two more i'm gonna put up inside the front shining down onto the front fender area.

Unfortunately my 5 year old battery gave up on me last night while I was wiring/testing the whole setup. I'm getting a new battery today at lunch and i'll let you know if the LEOs give me any grief.
                          I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
                          http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

I have a total of 21 (sets) of lights under my bike. 2 strings of pods 8pods per string and 2 leds on each pod. Tail light bolts (2). 1- six led "bar" type , and 2 led "tubes" with 10 leds in each--- only 3 light up on one of them. I need more for the center of my bike, but don't know what I will go with.. Superbrightleds.com is where I bought most of them.
                            Attached Files
                            Horn broken--watch for finger....

Comment

Yeah comon Lou, hurry your arse up with the pics

I wonder how I can mount these up with my elminator bracket. Using the spare holes on my plate could work very well too, like Lou did.

I may have to check into this, autozone and pepboys always have LED kits and misc lights on sale.

Comment

Working...
                              X