X

Fairing installation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fairing installation

Finally got my smoked turn lenses and MRA windshield. Before putting both fairings back on I'll be adding painted mesh too. My question is, when I'm installing the fairing do I need to put them back on a certain way? I don't have a repair manual. Do the plastic clips on the fairing just snap into place? I'd post some pictures, but can't seem to re-size.

Yes, the plastic clips just snap together, unless they were damaged. You may want to consider layering some thin rubber or all-weather foam tape under some of the key mounting points for the fairings, to reduce any possibility of vibration.

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Thanks, I was considering doing that. Now it's for sure. I've read quite a few of your posts and have learned a lot, respect you opinion.

Comment

What I always do is line up the front first with the rubber thingy that comes out of the windscreen. I then bolt the back first (by the battery), because that will pretty much hold everything up between that and the rubber grommet coming through the hole up on the windscreen. I then put in the bolt near the gauges (right below the handlebars) then the Windscreen bolt, then the one that goes underneath the nose of the bike. Then I put the 3rd eye panel back on, and last on top, screw the mirrors back on.

Then I put the bottom back on, and WALAA!
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
        X