Just put Mesh on my Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just put Mesh on my Kat

Whatcha Think ?
    Im pretty pleased with the results..It's not the pics though, sorry for that, all I had handy was my camera phone

I like the look of the mesh mod, but I've always resisted the urge to do it because I'm fearful of the heat build-up here in Florida with my particular style of riding (lots of high-speed miles, followed by stop-light to stop-light back-ups for the last couple miles before home). That, and I tend to focus primarily on what I consider "functional" upgrades... But I do think it's one of the better "pretty factor" mods out there.

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Being in PA, the weather isnt too awful bad to the point of extreme heat all the time, its gets into the upper 90's on a regular basis in the summer, but I dont have to sit in too awful much stop n go traffic to the put of overheating. I'd made sure I used JB weld, which is supposed to be safe up to like 400 degrees..if my kat ever gets to 400 degrees, something is seriously wrong!!

Comment

I think your camera-phone takes better pictures than my normal camera

Comment

whoops forgot to log in.

Comment

Nice... 8)

Comment

That was one of the first mods I did to the Kat, after cutting the shovel, and removing stickers.
              I get compliments all the time.
              Looks great, did you use gutter mesh?
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Originally posted by Katgirl
                That was one of the first mods I did to the Kat, after cutting the shovel, and removing stickers.
                I get compliments all the time.
                Looks great, did you use gutter mesh?
                I went everywhere looking for gutter mesh, and I just couldnt find any sheets of it, home depot and lowes only had it in small little sections So I was talking to one of the home depot workers, who showed me this stuff that he used to use when doing mods to cars in his garage. looks nearly identical to gutter mesh, wont rust, and only cost 7.00 for a 10' by 3' sheet. Used JB Weld to hold everything in place.

Comment

that was prolly concrete mesh?

Its really sharp though, if thats what it is

Comment

yeah thats it...and yeah it's sharp, literally and figuritivly..

Comment

lol...i tried cutting it once with tin snips, and my hands never looked so bloody

That is sweet mod though, and easy,and cheap!
                      The hardest part is removing the fairings

Comment

did you just attach that to the inside of the fairing with jb?
                        2003 gsx600f (the yellow one)
                        vortex sprockets,D&D slip on,c/f led lights
                        JIM's cowl, mesh, clearalt's ds signal, zero gravity ds screen

Comment

I love the mesh mod but sadly I must remove mine now. My bike was backed into by a &*%^$* cage this week. The mesh is bent and broken. But I was planning on getting a one off paint job this winter so now I have a really good excuse. I'll be installing sliders so no more mesh for me.

Comment

I used the regular storm door screening and it looks great. Not sharp and does not damage the pants.
                            Info for the Ottawa Motorcycle Course

sigpic

Comment

I use the 'screen door protector panel' mesh too. Works great!!!

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!
                              Helmets skid... Brains splatter.
                              Wear your lid... Or lose gray matter.

Comment

Working...
                              X