X

Q. About Paintint Yoshi. Slip-On

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q. About Paintint Yoshi. Slip-On

I found a Yoshi. Slip-On on eBay for really cheap because it has a lot of scratches and a few dents in it. I can't afford a nice one right now, but I seriously NEED some sound from my bike because I'm going crazy riding with everyone else I know and they're loud ass bikes. I was just wondering if there was any way I could try to get the dent out of the can, and maybe paint it. What paint should I use to paint the can and mid-pipe?
    ~~Punish The Deed, Not the Breed~~

The mid pipe you can paint with Hi temp engine paint...or have it Powder Coated with ceramic powder coating...The can?? Never heard of anyone actually painting it...you would have to take the thing apart and look inside...post some pics that way we can get a visual of what you are looking at.
    Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

well, i'll probably just take the can apart and try and bang the dent out as good as possible, than I'll just paint the whole thing with hi temp engine paint, I'm sure it will work. Thanks bro

Comment

I have been told that you could clearcoat the carbon fiber ones! Not sure if that's true or not though. I have thought about trying it on mine.
        here's some southerly advice that may come in handy down the road a piece... Next time you are too drunk to drive, walk to the nearest pizza shop and place a delivery order. When they go to deliver it, catch a ride home with them.
        http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h311/dragkota98/

Comment

Or BBQ paint .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Well, there are a lot of scrathces on the pipe that I'm getting, is there any way to polish the scratches out?

Comment

You could grab a dremel and put one of the flat brush attachments on it and put overlapping circles into the can. Maybe.... paint ontop of that would look cool too???

I think trying to sand the scratches out and make it look perfectly smooth is gonna be a bitch(?). [/img]

Comment

I have heard of people painting pipes with stove paint(wood Stove). Never seen it but i know that paint is availible in lots of colors and can take the heat.

Comment

Working...
                X