X

warped plastic

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• warped plastic

Hello everyone. I recently found this wonderful website and have fallen in love with it. I have found a lot of useful information on here. I have a 97 Kat 600 and the two side fairings are warped at the front near the header pipes. I am assuming it is because the pipes are giving off too much heat. They are a bit rusty and I plan on replacing the entire exhaust along with a lot of other mods after the summer is over. Has anyone else had this problem?
    Ride fast and keep the rubber side down...

Not that I have ever hurd of but in the mean time there is wrap that you can use to put over the headers. I just don't know what it is called, I have seen cruisers use it and the odd sport bike.

Comment

It's actually a pretty common occurance on the pre98 Kats and it is caused by header heat and usually the heat shield missing. There is supposed to be a metallic looking pad at the lower part of your uppers. When buying used fairings it's something you have to watch for because it is one of the hardest things there is to fix. It is fixable by using a heat gun and a little filler but it is a tricky process.
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Ill probably just get some new ones for it...i plan a complete tear down and rebuild over the winter...
        Ride fast and keep the rubber side down...

Comment

Working...
        X