X

Headlight fairing conversion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight fairing conversion

I would like to put a gixxer or other type headlight on my bike. I was thinking that some of the fairing stays that hold the light and fairings onto the gixxers will more than likely bolt up to where our fairing stay installs (you know, the 2 bolts that hold most of our nose onto the bike on the stem for the steering). Has anyone ever tried this, or does anyone know what's more compatible? I'd like to make provisions for my stock guages as well. Please advise.
    Dude, if I could swim, I'd be a Pirate.

Interesting. I've also thought of this and never seen it done. sounds pretty cool. the front needs to be a little more nasty. The gixxer eyes just seem to stare a bit meaner than the kat's...
    I wouldn't be so paranoid... if everyone wasn't out to get me.

Comment

Interesting. I've also thought of this and never seen it done. sounds pretty cool. the front needs to be a little more nasty. The gixxer eyes just seem to stare a bit meaner than the kat's 8) ...
      I wouldn't be so paranoid... if everyone wasn't out to get me.

Comment

Originally posted by shefkat2000
        Interesting. I've also thought of this and never seen it done. sounds pretty cool. the front needs to be a little more nasty. The gixxer eyes just seem to stare a bit meaner than the kat's 8) ...
        I agree, I will watch this post very closely.
        Fast Eddie

No day is promised, live life to the fullest!!

Comment

Chrome Mesh 4 Fairing??

What everyone using for the Chrome mesh for the Fairing?? Where can I buy it at? What are you using to keep it in place?? Thanks for the help. 8)
          Big D!!!!!!
          KZoo, MI

Comment

hey BigD where you at in Kalamazoo? just curious

Comment

Re: Chrome Mesh 4 Fairing??

Originally posted by Bigd4461
              What everyone using for the Chrome mesh for the Fairing?? Where can I buy it at? What are you using to keep it in place?? Thanks for the help. 8)
              Big D!!!!!!
              KZoo, MI
              --> Gutter Mesh (I used some scrap pieces of "grill" from when i did my car)
              --> from your local Home Depot or similar Type store
              --> some used JB WELD,Epoxy,Silicone,ect. I WELDED mine to my fairings (nice to have a plastic welder around collecting dust) so thats my reason for welding them, otherwise its JB WELD! Hope that answers your ???

some pix for reference -
              PAUL
              93 GSXF6 PIX.

"Opinions are like A$$holes, Everybody has one"

Comment

I was thinking, that if you get a complete, say, gixxer nose, you should be able to throw it on the fron no problem, if you can just bolt it up to the stem bracket. They all bolt up the same, I was just wondering if anyone has done it and knows what fits perfectly. I'm assuming that the sizes should be fairly identical, so forks, windshield, etc should fit around the existing Kat frame. Now, I also have a streetfighter so it shouldn't be an issue fitting into the fairings. I was thinking about doing a circa 92 gixxer 1100, the twin headlight one, and all other parts. Does this sound attainable? I'd imagine the best person to ask should be Frankenkat...........
                Dude, if I could swim, I'd be a Pirate.

Comment

hmm, how about the new like 04-05 gixxers or even 02 models? how hard would it be to bolt and wire on of those up to a 97 600? think i would have to mod much?? just the upper fairings with the headlight.

Comment

i second that....just the upper and headlamp???

with existing sidea fairings... 1997 750 here

really want an update look

Comment

Working...
                    X