Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

looking for input on what mirrors to get...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for input on what mirrors to get...

the previous owner said he had the front end shaved to get rid of the stock mirrors since they were so big, and threw in a set of universal CF mirrors that just look awful. i was thinking of mountin gGSXR mirrors on there, but would like suggestions before i purchase anything... TIA

"If you ain't first, you're last..." - Ricky Bobby
    "Your stuck on an anger bridge man, you gotta cross the anger bridge and come back to the friendship shore..." - Magic Man

You don't have any turn signals!

I really like the paint though. Where were the mirrors mounted? In the front signal holes?
    AMA member # 224227

Comment

look close at the last pic, there's a tiny hole right beside the top screw on the windshield. the hole size is about the size of the windshield hole, so i already know i'm going to have to dremel some out. as for the turn signals, the prev owner gave me a set of universal stick on CF turn signals that don't sit flush nor look good on the bike. i think i'll have some turn signals mounted flush in the fairing when i get it painted again. the prev owner had just had it painted before i bought it, and the paint job is crappy. the guy didn't even sand down the paint underneath. when the blue chips off, it's red underneath, morons lol thanks for the compliments though, it's a "work in progress" bike...

"Your stuck on an anger bridge man, you gotta cross the anger bridge and come back to the friendship shore..." - Magic Man

Comment

I see it. I just didn't think you could bolt anything substanstial there. Check out those Chrome ditties, NFS has posted about. Interesting looking mirrors, that might look good on your custom.
        AMA member # 224227

Comment

yeah those mirrors would look pretty sweet on your bike I'd think, especially up against that sweet blue paint !!

Keith can give you some suggestions that Im sure he can hook you up with.

Comment

try 98+ mirrors...quite a few fella's have done that to their pre's
            Hello World.

Comment

Comment

ooooooooooooooooo I like that paint job!!!!!! 8)

I agree.. try the 98+ mirrors... they should look pretty good!!

Comment

The 98+ mirrors look much better on the older KAT's. I replaced mine on my 89 KAt with the newer ones and it looked much better
                  Info for the Ottawa Motorcycle Course

sigpic

Comment

how about these?

or

for some reason, i can't seem to find any mirrors i really "like"...

i also found some flush mount signals from airtech that use LED's inside that looked pretty cool. is this where most others find their flushmounts?

Comment

I would prolly stick with the stock as well, and maybe even step up to the 98+
                      Kan-O-Gixxer!
                      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                      -Ohlins Susupension
                      -Various Other Mods

Comment

i don't like the pre98 stock mirrors 'cause they remind me of mickey mouse lol

Comment

Check out the "other" mirror thread. Some cool ideas in that one.
                          AMA member # 224227

Comment

Originally posted by irenekat
                            try 98+ mirrors...quite a few fella's have done that to their pre's
                            do you have any pics of a pre 98 kat with 98+ mirrors?

Comment

Nice looking Bike!! I like the shaved look but just like turn signals you need at least one mirror by law. I would go with flush mount signals and these mirrors. Unless you would like to use barend mirrors.
                              This is a barend mirror

Here is another idea also

TDA Racing/Motorsports
                              1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                              Who knows what is next?
                              Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                              Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Working...
                              X