X

Bike lost its glossy look after clear coat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KatCanDo
    I was actually looking for just this topic, and the info Mojoe gave 'after the resurrection' was very useful.
    well.....at least it helped someone.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by KatCanDo

I don't get it. On one hand, you guys berate for people not searching. Then when they obviously do search, and decide to give whatever input they want (as compared to someone posting something stupid), you're now tearing them down for 'bringing a thread from the dead.'

Which one would you prefer use n00bs to use?

I was actually looking for just this topic, and the info Mojoe gave 'after the resurrection' was very useful.
      I dont get it either. I am all fo bringing back old treads, if you want to follow up a question. This guy in particular brought back one to give advise though. bringing back a tread from the dead doesnt mean that people are not still faced with the topic on had, so there is no reason for bashing them, just that it is funny that this guy was giving advise to the guy who asked the question 1 year ago. I think he would have figured out his answer by now, or at least forgot about the problem.
      Roops Photography|facebook|
      03 GSXR 1000
      04 Honda Aquatrax Jetski
      Past: 92 Yamaha Seca II -> 04 Kat 600 -> 92 Kat w/gsxr 750 swap -> 01 GSXR 750 -> 03 GSXR 1000

Comment

The poor guy was probably just trying to get his 10 posts in....
        Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
        18v Rigid Drill
        Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
        New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

Just to follow up, Mojoe hit it on the nose, being a novice painter I didn't put on thick enough coats of clear. I redid it with thicker coats. I did this about a year ago, I thought I had replied to this thread with my results, obviously not. If you check out my ride profile you'll see the results, much better.
          'He who is not afraid will always be safe'
          --Lao Tzu

Comment

I don't think they get 'mad' for bringing up old threads, more or less they find it amusing.. there have been a few threads reserected from the dead in the past month, thats kinda why I believe people are all talking about it..
            Now as for the search feature. Most newbs to the site just post and 'not' use the search tool. Thus having dozens of threads on; "wheelies / chains & sprockets" etc.. Most of these questions have been asked and have been asked and have been asked.. So that's why people just say to use the search feature, which they should, cause 99.999% of the questions being asked have been answered before.

So I doubt people are 'mad/angry' that old threads pop up, just they find it funny as how 1-2yr old threads just pop back up outta the blue.. And that 'as in this case' is a good thing.

-=Peace

Comment

Originally posted by AzCyco
              I don't think they get 'mad' for bringing up old threads, more or less they find it amusing..
              ding ding ding, we have a winner!!!

I find it to be a good thing *for certain subjects*...
              This thread being an example of such. Novice painters using the rattle can technique will find this useful, along with Mojoe's advice and Lou's painting guide. On the other hand, bringing back a thread to post a smilie or "looks good" is pointless IMO....but, I can't stop it from happening so I don't really worry about it that much, I have just noticed it a lot lately, and as AzCyco said, 'it's amusing'

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
              You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Working...
              X