X

More sticker stuff (updated pics)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More sticker stuff (updated pics)

So I took off the warning stickers from the bike today. The hair dryer worked like a charm. All 3 stickers came right off, leaving a goop of goo on the tank. WD-40 took most of that out too. BUT, after all the goo was gone, I could still see a thin layer of something that looks like a plastic sheet in the spot where the sticker used to be. I ran a fingernail over it to make sure it wasn't just a different shade of paint I was looking at, and I could clearly feel an edge. Anyone know what that is and how to get it off ?

I tried leaving WD-40 on it for about 30 seconds, but it still won't budge. The previous owner had made some crude attempts at pulling off the sticker on the tank, and miraculously has managed to take this plastic sheet off in some parts. The tank is nice and smooth in those areas.

Any advice folks. Thanks in advance.
    Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
    - Albert Einstein

Here's some pics to go with the earlier post. The first one shows the little plastic sheet on the right fairing, while the second one is an out-of-focus close up. As I said before, there is definitely an edge there. I can feel it with a fingernail.

Is it advisable to use some kinda scraper on it ? I'd hate to do anything to the paint within 2 weeks of getting the Kat.

All this is after peeling off the heated sticker, and wd-40'ing the goop out.
    Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
    - Albert Einstein

Comment

try some goo-gone or something like that.

Comment

Yep googone works really well. I'd stay away from the WD40 on your plastics but thats just me. It looks like its just leftover decal adhesive residue. Sometimes when you take off decals, no matter how slow and careful you do it, you can leave a thin layer of adhesive behind. Happend to me when I removed one of my decals way back, goo gone worked like a charm, with alittle elbow grease.

Comment

Working...
        X