the streetfighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the streetfighter

I dont want to sound stupid but, what is a street fighter

to explain it best just google streetfighter and see how modified and different the bikes look than what you would expect

Comment

it's more or less a sport bike without the fairings.

Long Live the D

Comment

Streetfighters are a class of their own.. they love the aggressive, non fairing, mean, look & sound of their bikes. Its a labor of love for them just as much as for any other bike style.

Many times the bikes are really tricked out with all kinds of stretching and slamming, amazing paint jobs, performance mods out the wazoo as well.

Black Peter's is a streetfighter ... http://www.katriders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=18009

Comment

I'd say this pretty much explains the idea of a streetfighter

A streetfighter is generally any purpose built or modified bike meant to go fast. Usually stripped p\of any unnessary components to reduce weight and enhance that nasty street look. Check out oldskoolsuzuki.info for some better information 8)

Comment

Here is a katana I had been building into a streetfighter before I moved from Virginia. Sold the chassis to a friend so I'd have one less thing to move, not sure what he did with it after that.

Comment

From what I understand:
              Streetfighters came out of an early 90's European style movement that beleives bikes can be modified for fun and performance over what comes from the factory. Usually bikes that have been in accidents are the starting point, because owners don't want to replace the broken parts just to have what everyone else has again.

Common mods are high-mount exhausts (to aid ground clearance in turning), shortened rear ends (obsoleting the passenger seat area) to increase wheelie-capabilities, custom lighting, changes in the handlebar positioning, upsized brakes, improved suspension, larger rear sprockets. Often such mods are coupled with performance improvements as well, at least in Europe, where it isn't uncommon to see blown, bored-over, nitros boosted 180 HP shortened, naked versions of such bikes as GSXR's & Bandit 1200's on the road. Matching parts from other bikes to create something totally custom is part of the trend as well, akin to what Walteri does... Hand-made frames can also be a part of it, and there are a number of frame suppliers available in Europe for them.

In some senses, the whole US street-stunter market is a spin-off from the European street-fighter movement.

A lot of the factories started to notice the trend as a serious market force, they started bringing out naked hooligan bikes to market (mostly in the last 4 - 7 years, showing they are always well behind the cutting edge when it comes to such things).

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
              X