X

Fairing don't seem to line up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fairing don't seem to line up

I recently bought a 93 600. I want to paint the plastics but they don't seem to line up correctly. The plastics connect to eachother, but it seems like there is too much space between all of them. Does anyone think I need new fairing stays? I was going to order some new plastics from maier, but I don't know if that will help.

Any ideas?

little more info needed. Do you mean they were off the bike when you bought it or did you remove them and can't get 'em back on right?

If they were off when you bought it, then perhaps they've just been sitting or hanging somwhere and have sorta warped a little, you'll only need to play around with 'em for a while to get 'em on. It can be pretty frustrating. One thing though, don't tighten any of the bolts, just get them in loose as you go so that there is still play in it to get the others in.

The Maier ones are alright, the are a little lighter. They don't drill the holes on those ones, so you can drill 'em before paint and make sure they mate up properly... but if you've got stock ones, you'll be able to make 'em fit and it's prolly a better option.

Nick
    My Karma ran over my Dogma.

Comment

I might need to just take them all off and try to keep things loose until they're all on. All of the pieces are currently on, but the main side fairings and the rears have a little space between them. It doesn't look terrible, but it's annoying.

Does anyone know which are better between Maier and the Airstream ones?

Comment

How much space are we talking about here? A ton or just a little. Because it's supposed to have just a little space anyway.
        "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." -H.S.T.

Rest in peace brother.

Comment

It's probably 3/4 of an inch to an inch. I'll see if I can take a picture of it later to post so you can see what I'm talking about.

Comment

Working...
          X