X

Tires sizes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tires sizes

I have a 2001 katana 750 with a 150 size tire. Does anyone have any experience with putting a wider tire on without having to do any modifications to the bike, if so, how wide can I go?
    Big Cory
    SBFMC 707
    2005 Hayabusa

You can only go to a 160 on the rear. That is the widest you can go safely.
    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Thanks
      Big Cory
      SBFMC 707
      2005 Hayabusa

Comment

We've talked about this alot, and going any bigger than 160..unless u just wanna prop it up in the corner of the garage and look at it 24/7...is just not a good idea. ..but the 160's look sweet as well as perform nicely, so u get the best of both worlds.

Comment

Thanks alot, do you really have 3/4 of a million posts just since oct, that is amazing.
          Big Cory
          SBFMC 707
          2005 Hayabusa

Comment

dont believe matt with his post count hes a mod so they can have htem set to anything their lil hearts desire ...but he is a post whore

Comment

i thought that seemed a little realistic but I wasnt going to doubt him, he has been on here every time that I have been, lol
              Big Cory
              SBFMC 707
              2005 Hayabusa

Comment

meant to say unrealistic
                Big Cory
                SBFMC 707
                2005 Hayabusa

Comment

You can also look into going with a shorter tire wall as well. I have Dunlop D208 lower profile tires and I love the way that I can take a corner so much better than the originals. You do not have to push as hard to turn and it just flopps right over. Takes some time to get used to, but it's great.
                  Why bother doing anything if you cannot
                  "Be All You Can Be."

http://www.myspace.com/kahluamud

Comment

that is exactly what i was going to ask next, which would you recommend, a 160 70 or a 160 60 size tire for the rear of course
                    Big Cory
                    SBFMC 707
                    2005 Hayabusa

Comment

Definately go with a 160/60. Go with a 120/60 in the front too. They look sweet and ride well.
                      Why bother doing anything if you cannot
                      "Be All You Can Be."

http://www.myspace.com/kahluamud

Comment

I'm a stubborn donkey so I did switch to an Avon Azarro 170/60 in the rear and a 120/60 in front 8)
                        Until now I've got no negative remarks on handling, compared too the BT010's (120/70 and 160/60) I even experience a slight better (neutral) handling.
                        The BT tend to oversteer (most Katriders will probably like that), but I like to steer (rail) the bike on my input.
                        The Avon needs a little more time to warm up (hard to do overhere right now) but at the point of being warmed up in dry conditions they perform very nice, I did do some railing 2 weeks ago (trip into the eifel) and did'nt experience any sidestep at all, steady as a rock!

Comment

Working...
                        X