Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dnelli
    replied
    Originally posted by Seca-Seca! View Post
    There's an inner and outer spring. They both hook to the same point on the center stand and frame. Good luck getting them on
    Also, (I know this is months late) on my pre98 I had a boomerang hook/bracket that the springs hook onto one end and it hooks onto a pin welded on the frame. I also had to buy frame bushings for the bolts....

I just tie-downed my bike to my lift in the wheelie position while on center stand...then I wedged some 4X4's under frame near front. I had both wheels off at the same time.

Leave a comment:

• Xerrith
    replied
    Thanks! They're going to require maximum elbow grease.

Leave a comment:

• Seca-Seca!
    replied
    There's an inner and outer spring. They both hook to the same point on the center stand and frame. Good luck getting them on

Leave a comment:

• Xerrith
    replied
    So I have the center stand on the bike, mostly. The center stand came with 2 springs. One is larger in diameter than the other.

It's pretty obvious where one of the springs go, there's 1 hook on the stand, and one on the bike. Not sure which of the two springs goes there though.

I also have no idea where the other spring goes, once the first is on.

Any pointers?

Leave a comment:

• DarkFury
    replied
    I strap 2 5 gallon buckets with water to the grab bar does the trick every time.

Leave a comment:

• Xerrith
    replied
    BTW, the size of the bolt is 10mm x 1.25 pitch.

Leave a comment:

• Xerrith
    replied
    I'm with you maniac, I had the quite the scare with my vstar almost falling off a lift (adrenaline kicked in and I caught it before it fell and lifted it back onto the jack). I may just ride it to the shop to have them do that front tire installation so I don't have to mess with it. I'll probably take off the rear wheel and go to a local shop for tire installation, and do the chain and sprockets myself.

Leave a comment:

• maniac1886
    replied
    If you do decide to do what shpielers does, I would advise that you chock the real wheel or brace the center stand. Should it roll forward while the front wheel it off, you will be in a world of hurt. I've done similar, but I would use some twine to secure the center stand from collapsing back into its resting position.

**paranoid**

Leave a comment:

• shpielers
    replied
    You can drop some weight on the back portion of the seat to get the rear tire on the ground, and the front will lift up. Do that everytime I need to pull the front wheel (axel loosened/tightened whilst both wheels on the ground)

Leave a comment:

• maniac1886
    replied
    You can remove the back wheel. Not the front. The bikes weight distribution keeps the front tire on the ground and raises the rear wheel

Leave a comment:

• Xerrith
    replied
    This a dumb question, but when the bike is on the center stand can you remove both wheels without balancing issues safely? I've never had a bike with a center stand, and I need to service both wheels.

Leave a comment:

• Kreylyn
    replied
    Originally posted by Xerrith View Post
    Krey, sorry it's a 2006 600. I was wondering if the hardware was stuff I could pickup at the local hardware store?
    Listed at bikebandit.com

4: BOLT 01580-1060B $3.90
    5: ENGINE MOUNT SP 09180-10040 $1.92

I don't have the parts easily found to measure. I think I have them, just... not got the garage sorted yet. Probably work on that some today.

That said... you have enough parts to figure it out.

Determine the bolt thread on the bottom of the frame the bolts will screw into. That will give you the bolt size "it's metric" and thread pitch.

Once you have that, measure the width of the pivot points on the center stand. That will give you the shoulder length for the bolts.

Measure the ID of the stand = OD of the spacers.
    Bolt size and shoulder length gives you the ID and length of spacers.

Or order OEM parts. Most deliver in 2 days.

Krey

Leave a comment:

• Xerrith
    replied
    Krey, sorry it's a 2006 600. I was wondering if the hardware was stuff I could pickup at the local hardware store?

Leave a comment:

• Kreylyn
    replied
    Originally posted by Xerrith View Post
    My center stand is arriving today according to usps. What hardware do I need (sizes of bolts etc) to put it on? It did come with the spring, just no other hardware.
    What year model?

You can buy the oem misc parts fairly cheaply by checking the 750cc parts fiche on pre kats. Think it's avail on both cc for the post, but not sure. The bolts and spacers are not super expensive that way last time I checked. Also depending on pre/post different parts would be needed. Need more info.

Krey

Leave a comment:

• Xerrith
    replied
    My center stand is arriving today according to usps. What hardware do I need (sizes of bolts etc) to put it on? It did come with the spring, just no other hardware.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X