X

New bearings, less free spin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New bearings, less free spin?

The newbie here installed new bearings and dust seal on the rear wheel, it does not spin freely as it previously did... it's that normal, being new... everyting is thight I suppose, or did I do something wrong?
    GSX 600f '88
    ------------
    Custom "Ricardo Amado" OEM Style Led Gauges | Gear Display OEM Style Mod | GSX400f Gas/Oil Temp OEM Style Mod | '94 BST33ST Carbs | '96 GSX750f Swingarm Mod | '01 GSX600f Wheels Swap Mod | R6 Competition Rear Suspension Mod | 15/49 Sprockets 525 Chain Conversion | Dyna Beads | '89 GSXR750 Cams

Could be a bushing issue or a bearing thickness issue. What brand did you use?
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Same bushings (were in good condition) All new parts are oem, they come already with grease, and right out of the box they don't spin like the old ones... smooth but have the grease drag, that's me supposing...
      ok, and to be clearer, the wheel spins... but then comes to a stop... the old wheel would spin like forever...
      GSX 600f '88
      ------------
      Custom "Ricardo Amado" OEM Style Led Gauges | Gear Display OEM Style Mod | GSX400f Gas/Oil Temp OEM Style Mod | '94 BST33ST Carbs | '96 GSX750f Swingarm Mod | '01 GSX600f Wheels Swap Mod | R6 Competition Rear Suspension Mod | 15/49 Sprockets 525 Chain Conversion | Dyna Beads | '89 GSXR750 Cams

Comment

Your most likely fine....keep in mind the old bearings had wear on them.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Its like the in-line skate bearings. The new bearings never spun freely unless weight was put on them....the worn out bearings would spin forever and be loud. I'm guessing all you are experiencing is the new grease drag

Comment

Ok, thanks for resting my soul!
            GSX 600f '88
            ------------

Comment

Working...
            X