The size should be embossed on the rim.

Leave a comment:

• 92xjunker
    replied
    If measured correct it's not a kat wheel, the post is 3.5"

Leave a comment:

• Beer4blood
    replied
    I'm gonna say the ninja was a much wider rim....anyways I measured or rather did the best possible with a tire still on the rim looks to be 4" not counting the flare of the lips.

Leave a comment:

• 92xjunker
    replied
    That rim style was used on a couple bike models.

Leave a comment:

• Beer4blood
    replied
    I feel confident they're the three spokes similar to what my 99 zx6r had. It called for 170 stock but I ran 180 on out always with no trouble

Leave a comment:

• katanarider
    replied
    If your spokes are like 3 slanted knives (fat on one side and sort of sharp on the other),
    then you have stock pre wheels. The 88 600cc had different looking wheels , but still narrow. EDIT: I think they were like 6 spoke.

Leave a comment:

• Beer4blood
    replied
    Originally posted by katanarider View Post
    I've seen a post-98 with a 180 on a stock rim. The post-98 seems to have a little more room on the swingarm which allows this, but the pre-98 doesn't. However, running a 180 on the stock rim is going to pinch the tire for sure. Yeah its only 5mm on each side of the wheel, but when you consider that the tire only has a few millimeters of bead locking the lip to the rim. It only takes one instant to make you wheel chair stricken for life... A big loose tire flexing on a narrow rim as your turning...pop !
    mines a pre....i suspected ol skinny tire but I'll be damned it was 180/55

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
    How wide is the rim?
    Not sure I'll check today
    Last edited by Beer4blood; 09-23-2016, 05:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Leave a comment:

• 92xjunker
    replied
    Originally posted by Beer4blood View Post
    Hmmmm well the goober I got my Kat from has a 180/55 shoved on there....the bike has been through several hands tho perhaps they're not stock rims. Is there a definitive tell?
    How wide is the rim?

Leave a comment:

• katanarider
    replied
    I've seen a post-98 with a 180 on a stock rim. The post-98 seems to have a little more room on the swingarm which allows this, but the pre-98 doesn't. However, running a 180 on the stock rim is going to pinch the tire for sure. Yeah its only 5mm on each side of the wheel, but when you consider that the tire only has a few millimeters of bead locking the lip to the rim. It only takes one instant to make you wheel chair stricken for life... A big loose tire flexing on a narrow rim as your turning...pop !

Leave a comment:

Working...
X