Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Anybody with a pic of a 170 tire on their Kat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody with a pic of a 170 tire on their Kat?

Just curious to see if you can really see the difference between the 150 and 170 or between the 160 and 170.

I have a 160/60 on my pre98 and it is a 3.5 rear rim. Some people says that I cm playing with death because the bead might break. Anyway that is what I have on my bike Probablly going to a 150/60 on the rear again.
    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

The yellow one has a 150 Macadam...the two red ones have 160 Bridgestone BT020 / BT010. You can see the difference better in real life. There's a big difference in the sidewall width too...ie. the 150 looks more like a car tire with a square look & taller sidewall. I've never seen a 170 on a Katana rim.

Suzuki Katana: The best underated motersicle in da woild

Comment

hey whatever happened to that sponge dude?
        Hello World.

Comment

Time to cut the shovel!!!!! :smt068
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

sweet asses Beek

Comment

To further Beek's post...

150/70 Dunlop 205s on the left & 160/60 Pirelli Diablos on the right

As you can see, it actually looks like the 150 is wider...this is because of the profile and shape type of the tire. The 160, though, has more rubber coming in contact with the pavement.

Another angle...

Comment

Will a 170 fit on a pre rim?

Comment

Originally posted by Gsx750fp View Post
                  No. They are 3.5 or 4" rims. 170 series tires go on 4.5" rims for just about every manufacturer I've ever seen.

Comment

So it looks like a 160 should fit a 750 with no problem. I wonder how that will match up with the front tire if it is stock? If you are leaning over pretty far, what kind of contact will the front tire have?
                    2014 Ducati Monster 1200
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/austin-stevens/

Comment

You couldn't find a thread several years newer to bump? If your looking at threads this old and still haven't found the answer maybe you should refresh your search skills...
                      1992- project katfighter
                      2005- GSXR750
                      2001- TL1000R
                      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                      www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                      KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                      KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by AHF View Post
                        As you can see, it actually looks like the 150 is wider...this is because of the profile and shape type of the tire. The 160, though, has more rubber coming in contact with the pavement.
                        This is incorrect. The 150 would have a larger contact patch than the 160.

Originally posted by Gsx750fp View Post
                        Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
                        No. They are 3.5 or 4" rims. 170 series tires go on 4.5" rims for just about every manufacturer I've ever seen.
                        89-97 Kats 600 and 750cc used 3.5" rims for the rear. Maximum size to use with that rim would be a 150/70.

Originally posted by astevens54 View Post
                        So it looks like a 160 should fit a 750 with no problem. I wonder how that will match up with the front tire if it is stock? If you are leaning over pretty far, what kind of contact will the front tire have?
                        Post kats use a 4.5" rim for both 600 and 750cc. A 160 will fit those rims fine. It would have no effect on the front.

Krey
                        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thanks Krey, I couldn't remember if it was 3.5 or 4". Funny thing, I was looking at tires for my post this morning hehe. It has a 4.5" rim, which means a pilot Road 3 170 series will fit. However, due to the profile, I will go with a 160 I think.

Comment

170/60-17 Conti road attack

98 GSX750F
                            95 Honda VT600 vlx
                            08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Originally posted by hardlydangerous View Post
                              170/60-17 Conti road attack

Got a closer pic of the top of the tire looking from the rear so we can see the profile?

Comment

Working...
                              X