X

Shinko 009 on 99 Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shinko 009 on 99 Kat

Well, I'm a little concerned now. I just ordered a set of Shinko 009 because I'm tight on cash and have to have my bike to see my kid on the weekends. I've read a little here in this part of the forums that Shinko is kind of unpredictable and it concerns me in corners being there are many I have to take to get down state. Any thoughts or concers that I should possibly be wary of with these new tires?
    Sometimes I think about things, sometimes I just roll with the punches, and sometimes I just get on my bike and say f@&$ everything, this is where it's at!

99 Suzuki GSX600FX Katana

Some here like them. For the money I would of bought Conti motions, better tire. I know shinko is reformulating there tires to be better.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

I haven't used those but looks like a check up on your corner speeds may be in need. If you are riding at a pace that you can deal with any adverse road condition without the probability of crashing those tires will not be an issue IMO. Take it easy on them and learn how they are on your bike. I think I have heard that those need a good scrub in.
      Good Luck

Comment

I got them off of motosport.com, and they were the cheaper sets so I guess they're better than the ones I have on it with a plug in it so... Also this mite sound stupid, butby scrub in you mean taking them a few miles to wear them down so that the tires are broke in a bit? Sort of new to the lingo lol
        Sometimes I think about things, sometimes I just roll with the punches, and sometimes I just get on my bike and say f@&$ everything, this is where it's at!

Comment

Yes it also wears off the protective coating that may be on them for storage.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Ahh, ok. I was hoping I didn't need to literally scrub them lmao. Thanks for the input guys. As always it's much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
            X