X

New tires

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New tires

Okay so I just put new tires on my 2006 katana 600 and decided to go with Bridgestone T-30 Battleaxes. Apparently they are the replacements for the old T-016s. I went with 160/60ZR17 for the rear and 120/70ZR17 in the front. I chose these tires after some research which indicated they are great for high mileage due to the dual compound architecture and also very capable in the twisties. I only have a couple hundred miles on them now but I have to say I am very impressed so far!!! Very smooth quiet and I feel very comfortable and confident while leaning. Has anyone else tried these yet? Or does anyone else prefer any other tires?? Just like to get some additional input and education for future reference.

Ride Hard!!!

Mechiln pilot road 3s & 4s last a long time work super great

Comment

Pr series tires can't be beat
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Im unfamiliar with PR series tires. Who makes them? Are they dual compound?

Comment

Originally posted by falcon950 View Post
          Im unfamiliar with PR series tires. Who makes them? Are they dual compound?
          Originally posted by H-2 CHARLIE View Post
          Michelin pilot road 3s & 4s last a long time work super great
          R.I.F.
          http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
          http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
          '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
          "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
          "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

my previous tires were the pilots but im not sure if they were road 2 or 3. I also loved them with the only problem being that I got a flat spot on my rear tire after a few thousand miles. Hoping these new ones will eliminate or at least postpone that. Have you had that problem at all?

Comment

Got a pair of conti Road Attacks. I really like them, however they make me nervous in wet conditions. I feel like the shape of the tread is not conducive to keeping grip through water. Other than that, I love them! My next tires will probaly be the PR3's
              My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
              2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Pr3's on now and love them. I will be getting pr4's next go around. I have just over 8,000 miles on them and have interesting wear. The transition area between straight up and leaned over has lots of tread. A bit flat wear almost at wear bars in the center. Very worn at lean angle, left and right. Tread left at full tire edge.
                Straights = [__], twisties = \/, and mine look like \_/.

Comment

I have dunlop sportmax q2s on mine dont have much experience in different tires this is my second bike never replaced tires ive put 3000 miles on them and see no difderence realy since when I bought the bike can lean hard on them and they handle well at high speeds. Anybody have any input on these tires see in a different thread they are sport tires.
                  Last edited by Jar3d200; 08-18-2014, 08:33 PM.
                  I just wanna ride my bike
                  2001 katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by Jar3d200 View Post
                    I have dunlop sportmax q2s on mine dont have much experience in different tires this is my second bike never replaced tires ive put 3000 miles on them and see no difderence realy since when I bought the bike can lean hard on them and they handle well at high speeds. Anybody have any input on these tires see in a different thread they are sport tires.
                    If they say dumbflop on them I will never mount them on my bike, but that is just my personal opinion. I have spoken to people that like them.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

1000cc bikes eat Q3s up in 3 to 4 k miles
                      PR4s last 6 to 8 K miles

Comment

Yeah they came with the bike I get alot of grip it seems to me metzer is what my dad has says thwy are some of the best polly spelled that wrong lol I will get something different when I do to see what another brand is like.
                        I just wanna ride my bike
                        2001 katana 600

Comment

wondering

I am in the process of buying new tires and was looking at the Pr4's as well, I want a tire I can count on when leaning over, had some mishaps back in the day with Dunlops..

Comment

I'm trying to squeeze another thousand out of mine and then will be trying the PR4's. Almost 9,000 onmy PR3's but just realized the rear tire was never balanced so it may have gotten more miles if I had paid more attention. The shop that mounted them also did not put cotter pins back on the axle nuts. I caught the missing pins within a couple rides but never noticed the lack of wheel weights. Now I put in the ride on liquid sealer and balancer and it is much smoother even with the almost worn out tires I have on it.

Comment

Working...
                            X