No announcement yet.
X

Chain noise on accel

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

some folks have talked about Fluid Film.
    never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Originally posted by KAT TOY View Post
      some folks have talked about Fluid Film.
      Best stuff I've ever used.
      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
      ------------------------------------------
      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

I just traded the katana and a little cash for a nice 07 honda vtx1300c. I've been riding it a week now and I absolutely love it. I'm bummed i didn't get to keep my katana, as that was the original plan. However i will be hunting another one as soon as normal cash flow resumes! I've learned a lot from y'all and hopefully I'll be here again soon bugging you guys with more questions but for now it's time to spruce up a Honda with some cheap mods haha! Ride easy fellas!

Comment

Enjoy the new ride!
          Plenty of folks who are active on here don't have Kats anymore, so don't be a stranger.
          1998 Katana 750
          1992 Katana 1100
          2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

I would have a tough time with that switch. If money was not much of an issue I would see a cruiser and an adventure bike joining my Kat in the garage. As it is I can only have one street bike and here is why its the Kat.
            1)$ to fun ratio
            2)Unless you ride with others on here, you wont look like everybody else as you don't see many Kats out there.
            3)Handles decent and is comfortable
            4)If you are up to it, it actually handles graded dirt roads ok (if your not in a hurry).
            5)Can work on it yourself without the risk of ruining a $7,000+ motorcycle.
            But with any bike, they have their purpose and mostly its just a slight adjustment to expectations to enjoy any of them.
            Im guessing the VTX is shaft drive so at least no more chain fuss.

Comment

All very good points. I already miss my Kat, it's way more fun in the twisties but man talk about comfortable. It has a set of michelin commander 2's that look like sportbike tires and grip like the dickens! I've rode many cruisers but this vtx fits me like a glove! (Not O.J.'s glove) The wife loves to ride as well and she feels more comfortable with a sissy bar. That and she doesn't like "sport bikes", so it's something fun for us to do together. The transition from high revving 4cyl back to a torquey v twin is odd. The more you rev the twin the less power you get lol. It loves to be shifted quick when flogging it. In all, i didn't get hurt. The vtx is a way more expensive bike and i got a helluva deal on it. I've only got roughly $2500 in it and its an 07 with 25,000 miles. I helped a guy out and he still gets a bike in the end. The guy thought something was wrong with the vtx because the bars were crooked going down the highway and the front tire was scrubbed off. I found the problem (finally) to be the front fender was re-installed backwards when the tire was fitted most likely. It runs straight as an arrow now. I'm happy,the wife's happy and i have no doubt I'll own another katana. Maybe a faster one next time?

Comment

Wow, that was a good deal. I would have to say if a change to a cruiser would get my wife to go riding with me, I would be looking for one. With as cheap as the kat is I would probably keep it though. It just fits me so well after he mods I have made. I think you should get good miles from the Commanders. I have heard good things from the Harley riders I ride with.
                Enjoy your bike

Comment

Parting in such sweet sorrow... Well dont be a stranger and definitely post some pictures of the new ride!! Katanas are cheap, you can always pick one up later.
                  My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
                  http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
                  2007 GSXR 750

Comment

The newest member of the family. I have a quick detach windshield and a sissy bar, but it looks cooler with them off.

Comment

Nice, looks like it was well taken care of.
                      1998 Katana 750
                      1992 Katana 1100
                      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

ooooh shiny!!!
                        My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
                        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
                        2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Originally posted by moodylane View Post
                          The newest member of the family. I have a quick detach windshield and a sissy bar, but it looks cooler with them off.
                          Nice! I can honestly say I've never ridden one....which means....I've never crashed one.
                          sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                          ------------------------------------------
                          89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                          96 YZF 1000R

Comment

This thing is a peg dragger! I covered up the previous owners chicken strips on these michelins. It out pulls my dads 1100 Vstar and my buddies 1600 roadstar no problem. It's not about speed though because this bike cruises like no other that I've ridden. Still miss my kat for some spirited curve carving, but at 750lbs it's pretty easy to work the bars and transfer some weight on the pegs to lay it down and go! Yeah it's shiny I spent 2 hours cleaning and polishing and that's damn near an hour just hand polishing that huge ass front wheel lol. I gave up on the back one..

Comment

Working...
                            X