X

shinkco advance 005

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shinkco advance 005

This is the firsg time I have ever ran these tires .. when cornering the bike feels light .. you normally feel the weight of the bike when going into a corner. With the 005s it feels like the bike.just falls over going into a corner. Are these tires for an SS bike ?
    "Oh I will tag you back !!"

They're an OK tyre, reasonable value but old tech. They're black and round, but once you experience what else is available today, it really puts their performance in perspective. Shinko are bringing out some dual compound tyres (beginning with the "Verge" range I believe) which might offer better grip and mileage. I've run Advance and Ravens. Advance are supposed to be sport-touring tyres. On a serious litre+ SS bike under a serious rider, they would be disappointing. The fronts were prone to cupping and the rears squared off quite quickly which ate into the cost per mile advantage. Grip isn't great in the dry and in the wet they could be unpredictable. I'm currently on Michelin Road 3s which are an infinitely better tyre in all aspects and while worth the extra initial $$$ for the grip and confidence, are probably going to work out cheaper per mile anyway. Bottom line ... with Shinkos I felt I was always riding with the tyres in mind and experienced a few unexpected slides. With the Michelins, I just ride.

Comment

I've had the chance to ride about 800 miles on a set of 005's. They seem to be a decent value but as already stated, they square off fairly quicky. I find I'm having to use my weight and handlebar input to really lay it down at speed. That being said they hang in there with confidence. I want to try a dual compound tire next go round for more mileage but there's nothing wrong with the shinko advance as a low cost alternative. Im running 120/70 160/60 on a 4.5" rim.

Comment

I recently installed a Raven 009 on rear. does OK. had Motions before. just installed front Raven 009 and what a major difference to the NEGATIVE. I'm going to have to relearn to ride again. feels strange. the rear tire is wearing good and may outlive my Motions.
        never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Working...
        X