X

wheelies

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheelies

What mods do I need to do to be able to do 2nd and third gear wheelie please help or send link

Simple, sell your Katana and buy a bike that does that.

Comment

+1
      Katanas are horrible bikes for stunting. Very heavy and underpowered. + the oil pump is at the front of the engine, so when the front end is in the air, the pump is sucking air. Kills an engine quick. The suspension is soft so when you land you'll bottom out guaranteed, and in very quick oreder blow out the fork seals. And since you'll have to clutch the hell out of it, you'll fry that real quick. For the amount of $ you'd have to drop into it to not kill ourself and/or wreck the bike you'd be able to sell the Kat and get something better suited for stunting.
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Yeah, you chose the wrong bike for that kind of riding, it is a TOURING bike after all. Sell it and get a GSXR or similar.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
          Yeah, you chose the wrong bike for that kind of riding, it is a TOURING bike after all. Sell it and get a GSXR or similar.
          You mean it's not a crotch rocket? But it looks kinda like one.

Comment

You just need a lot of sprocket... Lol no but seriously, they handle a lot better with both wheels on the ground.
            http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
            http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
            '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
            "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
            "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
              You mean it's not a crotch rocket? But it looks kinda like one.
              That is a problem with them, every noob thinks its a sport bike.
              Last edited by 92xjunker; 06-06-2014, 02:26 PM.
              "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
              spammer police
              USAF veteran
              If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Wow, it's been a long time since someone started a "new" wheelie thread. I thought they were extinct.
                  sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
                  1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
                  2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
                  First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
                  Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaGSX92 View Post
                    Wow, it's been a long time since someone started a "new" wheelie thread. I thought they were extinct.
                    Nope, as long as there's a summer and Kat for sale there'll be noob wheelie threads.... Lol
                    Last edited by GSXFJim; 06-07-2014, 04:42 PM.
                    http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
                    http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
                    '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
                    "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
                    "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

I saw a post on craigslist, guy was selling his kat. He had it sitting right next to a half street fightered cbr 600. Said the kat was his "stunting" bike. Lol in other words, thats the one he drops and doesnt care cuz god knows he aint "stuntin" on it.
                      My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
                      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
                      2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Originally posted by wheelies3226 View Post
                        What mods do I need to do to be able to do 2nd and third gear wheelie please help or send link
                        Learn to modulate the clutch better. Almost anything with 2 wheels can do a wheelie. The katana isn't going to power-wheelie by just twisting the throttle, but I'm totally confident that someone with wheelie experience can easily get the katana to do a 2nd gear roller into a wheelie...

or just get the world's largest rear sprocket.
                        -Chris
                        **if what I said can be taken two ways, and one of them offends you, I meant it the other way.

Comment

Originally posted by shpielers View Post
                          +1
                          Katanas are horrible bikes for stunting. Very heavy and underpowered. + the oil pump is at the front of the engine, so when the front end is in the air, the pump is sucking air. Kills an engine quick. The suspension is soft so when you land you'll bottom out guaranteed, and in very quick oreder blow out the fork seals. And since you'll have to clutch the hell out of it, you'll fry that real quick. For the amount of $ you'd have to drop into it to not kill ourself and/or wreck the bike you'd be able to sell the Kat and get something better suited for stunting.
                          Sure, you can probably get it off the ground, but what do you do when you want to come down? Also, as stated above, popping wheelies on a kat os going to significantly decrease the life of the bike ie: motor, trans, clutch....
                          My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
                          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
                          2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Stunt, stuntin' is a habit, put it in the air, have you eva' seen a Chevy with the buttafly doors, stunt, stuntin' is a habit...

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Originally posted by maniac1886 View Post
                              I saw a post on craigslist, guy was selling his kat. He had it sitting right next to a half street fightered cbr 600. Said the kat was his "stunting" bike. Lol in other words, thats the one he drops and doesnt care cuz god knows he aint "stuntin" on it.
                              Makes it sound so much cooler than the truth Huh? When you think about it, it works for most things.
                              Wife " why is there peanut butter on the floor?" Guy " stunting ".
                              Try it, it works. Think of any question that starts with WHY and answer with STUNTING.

Comment

Working...
                              X