X

so you wanna put a 180 On Stock wheel? heres advice

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so you wanna put a 180 On Stock wheel? heres advice

i know its been asked...but i got into a world of arguments before on my old bike(sv650)

everyone says its unsafe you will crash etc etc...

my 02 katana has a 180 on it now...why, because im poor and cant afford a new one..so im using my good spare 180s

will it make your bike look cooler...no..the 180 is pinched...looks no wider the a 160...and its taller then the 160/60 i belive...so it looks a bit silly

is it safe? yes and no

does it handle different...yes very much..it wants to fall into a corner quicker...meaning when you lean the bikes gonna wanna lay over much easier and quicker..so be easy the first few 50 miles or so until you used to it...

i run 30 psi in my 180 and can corner almost as hard as i can with a 160..but that crash thought stops me from doing that

im a fairly experienced rider, with 4 years and around 60k miles plus under my belt...rode in all conditions, snow,freeing,gravel,sand,rain etc

so if you can handle yourself and you bike try it...but do be careful in corners...low speeds at that

dont waste money on a new 180 for your stock wheel...thats just dumb

but a tempory fix its fine...it does fit on the stock wheel and swing arm...but do be careful.....

As an experianced rider with well over 30 years riding in all conditions & also with IAM, DSA & VOSA qualifications i can say without doubt that putting a 180 on the stock wheel makes the bike handle like a drunk puppy on rollerskates & is stupid in the extreme ...... but its your neck so make your own choices
    Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

Originally posted by tone View Post
      As an experianced rider with well over 30 years riding in all conditions & also with IAM, DSA & VOSA qualifications i can say without doubt that putting a 180 on the stock wheel makes the bike handle like a drunk puppy on rollerskates & is stupid in the extreme ...... but its your neck so make your own choices
      +1

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Working...
      X