X

1990 GSX600f Sprocket Change??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990 GSX600f Sprocket Change??

I keep getting different info about stock sprocket size on my Katana. Is it 14-46? So my ratio should be about 3.29 right? What would be better . . . Going 13 in front or maybe 48 in the rear?
    Tommy

Motorcycle speed and sprocket calculator with bike database for gearing, sprockets, tires and chains of over 1900 bikes. Request yours to be added as well.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGSX600F View Post
      I keep getting different info about stock sprocket size on my Katana. Is it 14-46? So my ratio should be about 3.29 right? What would be better . . . Going 13 in front or maybe 48 in the rear?

Different info because it's possible different sprockets were put on by the factory.

14/46 is a reasonable common starting point. That would be with a 112 link chain.

If you want to make changes, go with that info as the starting point to simplify things. You will also want to note/verify what is actually on your bike at the moment.

KRey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Tons of help. . . Thank you both.
        Tommy

Comment

Working...
        X