X

Tire problems

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire problems

Hello,new to this forum,new to street riding,wife just got me katana 750,clean bike,but front tire has some bumps in it. Is that normal? It doesnt affect how it rides. Just wondering if i need tp replace it.

Originally posted by paulie View Post
    Hello,new to this forum,new to street riding,wife just got me katana 750,clean bike,but front tire has some bumps in it. Is that normal? It doesnt affect how it rides. Just wondering if i need tp replace it.

Your description is very vague... so lets try this.

Read this...

Then, with that knowledge, rephrase the question or provide a bit more info so we can help... that is if the link doesn't answer the question for you.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

We'd need more than "some bumps" to answer that. If you don't know much about tires then you probably need to get someone experienced to put eyes on the bike. They can show you what to be concerned about and what's not going to be a problem at all a lot better than we can from vague descriptions or even photos. Taking the time to sit down with a mentor like that will end up saving you a lot of grief and money later.

Tires are far more critical on a motorcycle than on a car. If you're not sure then you need to check them out carefully and get help until you are sure. Good on you for asking but I'm afraid that unless you know enough already to ask the right questions, sometimes this isn't the right place to get good answers.
      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

I wish my fiance would buy me a 750.... I have a few bumps on my head for getting the 600 already!
        1990 TURBO Kat 600 G15 hidden turbo 12psi
        fender eliminator w/led integrated tail light
        55w dual HID bixenon projector w/halo, blue lighting
        R6 shock, Custom billet mirrors, oil temp/boost gauges
        Post rim swap 170/120 tires, EBC pads/rotors, G&J lines

Comment

Are you refering to cupping IE the tire has developed spots that are cupped or dished out or do you have a lumpy tire. Pics would help but, they usually don,t show well .
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

If in doubt, replace it. Rubber is cheaper than deductibles and co-pays.
            Pics
            Pics
            No pics yet
            Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Also, welcome to KR!
              sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
              1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
              2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
              First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
              Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Originally posted by thetable View Post
                If in doubt, replace it. Rubber is cheaper than deductibles and co-pays.
                +1, Excellent answer!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Working...
                X